Should I just leave him alone? Do I tell him why, or just drop it?

I've been seeing this guy for about 3 months now. We agreed at first we weren't looking for anything serious, I had just got out of a ltr. As time passed, he started telling me how much he liked me and his feelings and blah blah blah, and then got distant and I told him we agreed on nothing serious, and it wasn't working for me anymore, and I couldn't do it anymore. He said he felt the same. He really likes me but he's leaving to work off soon and doesn't seem fair for us to start something that might get serious and he leave. I told him I wasn't asking for his undying love or a damn kidney just for him to be up front. I can't deal with the hot and cold crap. We can be not serious and not talk about feelings or we can give it a shot and talk about them, but no in between. He agreed so we continued.. and he started the feelings thing again. And yesterday said he wanted to see me tonight, I agreed. He got off at 7, and informs me he's going to the gym at 930 with a friends and understands if I don't want to drive out to him house.. which I was in town visiting family waiting for him to get off.. so I'm not that far now, but it's an hr back home for me and I think it's inconsiderate and it's not the first time he's left me feeling like this. Should I just skip seeing him and drop him all together. I don't feel like this is good for me, he's sweet as can be to me but this back and forth Rollercoaster bulls hit is getting to me.

12