What's up with women being offended about cooking for their man on here?

If your man likes to cook or is a better cook, understandable. I'm talking about people who think it's degrading to cook for your man.

There's nothing degrading about taking care of your man. Sure, I can cook for myself, but it's nice to have her do it for me sometimes after work, sex, or the gym. I take care of her car and do other things that fit the male gender stereotype. I'd fix anything at her place because I'm good with that stuff. Need some help moving furniture? I got you. I do that and don't bitch about it. All of the girls I've been with have wanted to cook for me. It's not forced.

Women are biologically more nurturing. Gender roles are natural. I'm attracted to women. I like feminine women. Women who aren't feminine and who try and act like men to try and prove a point are by no means attractive. It's not about superiority or inferiority either. Feminine women can be strong. Masculine men can be strong. We're just different. Wtf is wrong with that?

I don't know if men are just lowering their standards, but I'd seriously never consider a relationship if she felt like cooking for me was degrading. A nurturing side is a positive and attractive trait that men look for in women. Men are biologically attracted to this because it means you would make a great mother. Men in general appreciate this stuff.

If you're a man, and disagree with me, and think that it's degrading, then I honestly think you're just a beta bitch who's a product of what third wave feminism has created. If you're a woman who feels this it's degrading, then have fun with your bitch of a boyfriend/husband because that's the only type of man who would put up with that.
  • Agree
    Vote A
  • Disagree
    Vote B
  • See Poll
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you, but you say it in such a judgmental and gross way that I almost don't want to :(

When I'm in a relationship, I'm happy to cook for and take care of my man (so long as he's a functional adult who is capable of taking care of himself lol). The only time it gets annoying is when a guy EXPECTS me to cook for him and clean up after him all the time, while also expecting me to work full time as well. Dude if you want me to be a housewife I will, but don't expect me to clean up after you on my one day off while you get to relax on your days off. You're my boyfriend, not my child.

0|1
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • The strong stance with attitude is intentional. I get more responses this way. Much more bold responses might I add. Any sense of neutrality in where everyone agrees doesn't encourage debate and discussion.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not degrading for either gender. No action is inherently degrading for one gender or another. Women can build things, fix things, etc. Men can cook, sew, knit, cross-stitch. Women can work a career, be the financial provider for the house. Men can stay at home, take care of the kids. Etcetera, etcetera. The list goes on.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • "Women can build things, fix things, etc. Men can cook, sew, knit, cross-stitch. Women can work a career, be the financial provider for the house. Men can stay at home, take care of the kids. Etcetera, etcetera. The list goes on. " - You're completely disregarding our biology lol. Sure, there are outliers, and people can do whatever they want, but to suggest that our roles in society aren't responsive to our biology in any way is just nonsensical.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• its not the cooking--

@Women are biologically more nurturing. Gender roles are natural. I'm attracted to women. I like feminine women. Women who aren't feminine and who try and act like men to try and prove a point are by no means attractive. It's not about superiority or inferiority either. Feminine women can be strong. Masculine men can be strong. We're just different. Wtf is wrong with that?

its that.

0|1
    1|1
    • What's wrong with what I said? It's facts.

• Show All
    • Okay, but women are biologically more nurturing due to our hormonal structure tagged along with a number of other things. If a woman isn't nurturing at all, then she's deviating from what we could consider feminity on a biological level.

• I wouldn't think anything is wrong with her. Gender roles are literally natural and our hormones are the biggest factor in this. It's legitimate and factual information.

• People get offended here by so many things that are traditional and not offensive at all...

I personally don't get it. I think it's really flattering when he asks me to cook something specific and say it's delicious. I like taking care of him and feeling womanly.

Here's the red velvet cake I made my boyfriend for his birthday :)

1|1
    0|0
  • I love cooking for my man when he gets here I love spoiling him tho he is a better cook then me he is reeeeally good so its kind of embracing but I'm trying tho
    I don't see how anyone could see showing love and care as a bad thing

1|1
    0|0
  • Why would I get offended? I know my place as a woman😂

No but honestly, I wouldn't mind cooking for my man. I'd love doing things for my man, so why not.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I think it is definitely degrading to expect a woman to cook because she's a woman.
    Personally I love to cook especially for other people, but I do it because that's how I show people I care, not because I'm a woman and that's my natural role.
    Guess what, women like to be nurtured too.

I think the person who should cook should be the person who comes home earlier that day. Let's say you both have 9-5 jobs, you both come home at the same. Would you seriously just lay on the couch and let her do all the cooking, every day. Jesus. Okay, maybe you're really tired that week, job's been really stressful, fine, I'll be the one who'll all the cooking for the week, even month, but come on. All the time? I'd expect my man to take care of me the same I take care of him.

1|0
    0|0
    • "I care, not because I'm a woman and that's my natural role.
      Guess what, women like to be nurtured too."

Females are biologically more nurturing than by nature. It's natural. Sure, women like to be nurtured as well, but it would be unnatural for a man to constantly assume the nurturing position within the dynamic of an intimate relationship. This is due to the fact that a woman's biology aligns with nurturing.

• Show All
    • Ahaha I agree with you there. I just think men and women are naturally driven to contribute in different ways and there is nothing wrong with that. The idea of a woman cooking for her man being seen as degrading is just ridiculous to me. Goodluck with architecture though

• I love cooking for my man when i can but he doesn't expect me to do it. If he did I'd be like you better go to mc donalds. I guess I feel lucky because my guy loves to cook too. So it's a team effort.

0|1
    0|0
  • I cook because I like to cook and my husband isn't the best at it but he tries.
    I come home from work and dinner is almost ready.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t think it’s degrading at all. I’d gladly do the housework if you opened jars lol You probably don’t want me cooking for you though.

0|1
    0|0
  • I personally as a woman would prefer just be a stay-at-home mom or something like that but as society would have it I might just be a workaholic I love cooking but ever since I started working it just kind of suck the joy out of it and it sucks because my go-to thing to do when I was stressed or upset about anything was to just cook and it's not just for me but like for people in general because it made me feel better and now I cook and it makes me angry because I'm already freaking tired. But I will still make up a nice cheesecake or pumpkin pie or macaroons even pistachio preferably for people that I care for because I want them to know that I care for him and that's how I do it even if it stresses me out.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah of course a woman should cook for her man and care for him but men shouldn't always be expecting it. Sometimes women feel tired from work or school or life and they don't always want to cook.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't cook but know how to make toast. This is my birthday cake when I was 18

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's old-fashioned and there is this stupid movement who supports it? Because fuck knowledge and care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have a problem with cooking for my husband. i enjoy doing it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not offended. I would do it, buuuuutt i don't like cooking...

0|0
    0|0
  • Agree. I love cooking for my loved ones.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ok, so, let's start with this Alpha/beta nonsense. That was a phenomena observed in wolves, and has now been debunked. It is not a phenomena that appears in humans. Our social structures are more complex than that because we have opposing thumbs and the capacity for language.

Here's the thing, I learned to cook. I like to cook. I am good at it.

But it is not "simply a woman's duty" to cook for a man. Women do not owe men a meal, or sex, or to keep a clean home, or to do all the laundry, or to raise all the kids.

What a woman chooses to do for a man in her relationship is up to that woman and her man, alone.

It's not for you to dictate the one good way for people to live.

It is not that cooking, in and of itself, is degrading. It's that being expected to be a man's house servant because I'm female is degrading. It's that people think one kind of work belongs to one gender, and that that work is essentially all they are capable of, and it's not valued very highly that make it degrading.

Hell, in your take, you're even insulting men who don't agree with you as lesser men.

There is no natural gender role to caring for the place you live and caring for the nutrition you put in your body - it's a male and female thing.

And bottom line is, people don't all live the way you do. They don't all want to live the way you do. They don't have shitty, worthless lives because they live different from you. They just have different lives, that's it. You don't need to stand around with your angry young male posturing about how terrible these women and men are.

You need a woman to take a 1950s role, then specify that, and look on kink sites for women who fantasize about just that kind of thing. Knock yourself out.

But do not stand around here telling everyone else the way they live is unnatural, or somehow wrong. That's what makes your attitude demeaning.

It's nigh on 2018 son. SMH.

2|0
    0|0
    • There's a lot wrong with this comment and I'll respond and attempt to break it down a little later. Let's hope you don't block me like the other guy who couldn't handle it lol.

• Show All
    • Yes, I am aware that our hormones differ, on a whole. They just don't dictate how we HAVE to act toward other people in society. They don't really even dictate how we "should" behave. They are just one of many factors that effect behavior.

It is a choice people make to tell women they are naturally inclined to work in the home and they should just accept that. You don't actually HAVE to tell women that because it's not true of all women, or any specific woman. You haven't tested our hormone levels. You certainly don't know what I, as an individual, am effected by, in terms of my hormone levels. You can't say that of any individual.

It's degrading to be told the only good work a person can do is domestic and unpaid, and that she should just accept that as her role in life.

Personally, I'd prefer partnerships with people who have a fuller range of skills and behaviors than that - who are free to feel and experience as it suits them.

• And you don't sound very educated when you start with alpha/beta male bullshit

www.psychologytoday.com/.../are-alpha-males-myth-or-reality

• If I had a man I would LOVE to cook for him, I'm just good at it

0|1
    0|0
  • Kind of aggressive aren't you? Let's not vote bc obviously you can't handle different opinions.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh I can handle opposing opinions just fine, but I'll challenge them and break them down all day long.

• Show All
    • You mean you're a slut?

• Somewhat.

• I love cooking for my man. It's just one of the ways I like to show him that I care for him.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• My gal got taught all of this kind of stuff, not only by her mother, but also in school. There was never any question that she saw this as one of 'her' jobs when she moved in.

I actually like cooking, and we alternate at weekends, and I'm more than capable of taking over if there's a need.

But frankly, to suggest it's degrading is insulting, both to her and to me.

That kind of mindset is a lot to do with why I've pretty much only dated European girls for years now.

0|1
    0|0
  • There is a difference between cooking for your man because you want to and because you are expected or are supposed to

4|0
    0|0
    • A woman who doesn't want to showcase any nurturing side whatsoever is invisible to me. Cooking for her man because she wants him to feel good is a clear display of what we call nurturing. I'm attracted to feminity... If she doesn't get any satisfaction out of cooking for you or see any reason to cook for you, then that's a clear indication of her character.

• Show All
    • "Yes, because you are arbitrarily valuing different nurturing instincts over others" -

No, I'm actually using basic common sense and knowledge. I could bring in an analogy to get point across here, but I think you know this. I'll copy and paste what I said because I already addressed this. You're acting as if I'm deeming all other nurturing characteristics as irrelevant, which I'm not.

" It's not the only kind of nurturing behaviour. " - I never said it was. However, if she see's cooking for her man as degrading or doesn't want to do it at all, then that's a clear indication of her personality. If she isn't nurturing to extent of what I just mentioned, then she's most likely not nurturing in many other ways either. That's just basic logic.

• Dude i literally just said that they dictate almost everything we do. You literally chose to read 2 words and respond. Since you clearly lack both reading comprehension skills and a certain level of maturity imma just chalk this up to being a waste of my time

• Well I like to cook for myself and my girlfriend if I had one and I wouldn’t just be that lazy dickhead

0|1
    0|0
    • Who said anything about being lazy? I'm far from lazy and women have always wanted to cook for me.

• It’s just how they are but I say lazy because my dad is a lazy ungrateful prick that needs to get off his ass

• If true, sounds like gender politics. They're presumably fighting against the 50's wife concept but it's their fight.
    I don't see how anyone can complain if both are capable and it's shared.
    You lost me when you started talking about beta bitches. Make you sound like an idiot.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you think they're fighting to an irrational extent at this point? The idea of cooking for their man to be seen as degrading is irrational in every sense.

• If she can't cook, is busy working, you live to cook, or whatever, all fine. Political dogma. Nah.
      I'd imagine you're talking about a small fringe group though. The human race as a whole does not easily bend to modern fashion.

• I agree with you dude. You're actually right. I have nothing to add. If people bitch about what you say, they are idiots and aren't open minded.

0|1
    0|0
  • Kolton, he's right and you are wrong.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes