Currently 7 months pregnant, man does not relationship right now but told me he would be there for the baby?

I posted on this site a while back about a situation I wound up after a great night with my ex boyfriend.

When I was a teenager this man who is currently the main part of this story was my first boyfriend, we were together for years anyways our relationship failed because well we were too young, he got married had 2 kids and is now separated.

I was with him during his separation, took care of him and was his friend but we ended up having sex and I got pregnant. I knew he wasn’t ready for a relationship but when he found out about me being pregnant he jumped right to abortion. I said no, he wanted me to move away with him so at least he can try.

Fast forward to now 7 months after and he said he holds a grudge against me about keeping the baby, He has become very distant with me and is no longer playful.

He told me that he is going to be there for our daughter but not all the time but he can try his best.

I don’t know what to do, I fell in love with the guy all over again but he has treated me so poorly ever since our news.

I can’t stop thinking of him and want him more, will he realize what he has lost and come back? Or is it only going to be for our daughter. Should I even have him around, he might look at her as a burden considering he has a grudge on me.

Please be nice, I am having a very hard time and I appreciate any comments you all have.

help me get out of this funk!:(
For all you haters putting me down- well he is back in my life for both of us!
Love never dies, he realized how important I am in his life.
Next time when someone is asking for advice, maybe be nice and not put down a 7 month pregnant woman who is obviously a hard time!

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that holding out hope that he'll want to be with you at some point is pretty fruitless. You really need to move on from that hope because you're just going to end up disappointed. Does it happen? I'm sure it does, but it's pretty rare in the grand scheme of things and he already holds resentment towards you for keeping the baby.

On top of that, I don't really think he'll be there for the baby either. Guys like this don't tend to be the greatest fathers and given that he already feels that he was trapped, I don't think he's going to be a particularly patient father around your newborn daughter.

I'm sorry. I just don't think you should get your hopes up in this bad situation and I can greatly feel your desire to be with this guy. Just concentrate on the baby, assume you're going it alone, and just hope that you're presently surprised.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you!
      This is exactly what I am worried about, the father aspect of her.
      I just want at least some sort of friendship with the guy considering he is the father of my child.

Most Helpful Girl

• So you're upset that your move didn't keep him with you. No one will pity that. You've made your bed. It's time to lay in it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • My move? To not get an abortion and kill an innocent life?
      We were together for 9 months, obviously there was some sort of connection between us. It wasn’t always sex!

• I can't see how he's behaving. But I do see you throwing a tantrum.

• Wow ok! That is helpful, saying I will pull a tantrum when you don’t even know me either.
      But you agree that it is ok for a man to treat you and your unborn child like dirt!