Is he really not good enough for me?

Basically
there's a guy I'm interested in ( he interested in me as well) we meet in College, he's in my class
he's really funny and nice
I'm attracted to him and he's quite manly as well
We've hung out a couple of times and he's a decent guy
Right now I'm in a situation where I could either go out with him or this thing we have could die down
So I asked my friends their opinion of him and most of them say that he's not good looking enough or he's not intelligent enough or he's not up to my standards
even my sister says that he's not good enough for me and i could do so much better than him

but yes I will probably have a better career than him and maybe I am a little to pretty for him ( but I think he's cute)
he has no class whatsoever ( he's like a cute country boy) and he has almost zero experience with girls, my friend says I'm probably the only girl he looks at ( he's so adorable )
And I really don't wanna lead him on and even if this doesn't progress romantically further I wanna be good friends with him
SO I TURN TO YOU internet strangers for adviceπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
What should I do -
a) go for it ( he's a good person! )
b) settle for friendship ( I can find somebody better? )

37

Most Helpful Guy

• Dont turn away someone cuz your friends and family said so.. especially if they are discriminating on looks and "class".. this person could easily be the love of your life, and some of the richest people in the world isn't that "good looking", and appear to have no "class"... so go for it, cuz it sounds like you like him

• It's a very difficult situation because I love my family and I really want them to see all the good I see in him but they would prefer me to marry someone who would be an 'asset' i suppose

• He would be an asset if he ends up being the love of your life

• Dnt let other peoples opinions hold u back

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should go for it because in my opinion the most important thing when looking for a partner is his personality and not his carrier, beauty and salary. So if he treats you with respect and you love him plese go ahead. It is very unfair to reject someone because of his social position or education and salary.

• I don't want to judge him this way , he makes me happy. And I don't want to give him any false hope if my family doesn't accept it him especially my grandparents and parents it'll break my heart and I don't hurt him either

• Your family shouldn't get evolved in this.