We were dating and then he decides he wanted to be friends?

We were dating for about four months but he told me that he wasn't ready for a relationship now but he will be in the future with me but it will take him time.

He was in a relationship for five years and it's only been seven months since the breakup.

He told me he wants to be good friends and I said that maybe it could work but I need time to get over him. He still keeps messaging me and wants to text me.

What must I do? Should I carry on messaging him and be friends with him or should I move on? Should I maybe be patient since his not ready for a relationship?

Thanks so much!

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi I can see your struggle with this 1 coming out of a 5 year relationship is hard even with the 7 months he's probably still thinks about her from time to time which is understandable giving the length but if I was you I'd still message the guy and if you feel that you need to date someone then go ahead you as a person needs to be happy I hope everything goes well for you :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It's okay to stay friends, but if you are expecting to be more than friends in the future, it's better to move on and forget about him.