I don't get a lot of messages from guys on dating websites?

What do I do about it so I'll get a lot of messages?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Without knowing what your profile looks like, the best I can tell you is to fill out your profile with stuff a guy can talk to you about. Otherwise, all you'll get will be, "Hey," or "Hi," or a dick pic.

Also, you need good photos. The best ones to post should be of you by yourself (so guys know who they're talking to), without sunglasses (so your eyes are visible), wearing something nice (not too formal if you want to be approachable, not too revealing if you want more than just a hookup). Kids (even if they're not yours) and other guys (even if they really are relatives) don't belong on a dating profile. If you absolutely must show your pets, don't go overboard with them.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you really want loads of messages show some cleavage, but they won't be messaging you for the right reasons. Dating sites are shit and think about quality over quantity. The right guy will be interested when you're just being yourself.

1|0
    0|0
    • How do you be yourself?

• Firstly, you have to know yourself. Post pictures that represent you and your interests well. Write whatever you feel like writing. Include some traits, beliefs and interests. Noone can tell you how to be yourself. Only you. Have confidence because noone is as you as you can be.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• First, be careful what you wish for. I've read that many women get frustrated with their inbox filling up day in and day out, especially since the quality of respondents is always inversely proportional to the quantity of respondents. Just so you know.
    That said, there are books & blogs you can check out to help you build a profile that gets around. I'm guessing you haven't put enough into your profile, or you've put too much. Not enough leaves guys with too little to approach with, while too much makes it too easy for guys to rule themselves out. Avoid absolutes, like "always" & "never". Don't list what you don't want in a guy, because it just reads as jaded. Focus on what you need & want. But don't be too thorough, you have to leave some room for guys to get to know you better after they read your profile. Finally, list a few strengths and one flaw, something minor and specific. "I suck at everything," and the like come off damaged or high maintenance. Guys need to feel that they can relate to you and approach you without a tremendous risk of rejection, or they simply won't bother. Hope I helped. If not, check out some books & blogs like I mentioned. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • U don't strange
    Cause average girls get like a ton

You must be below average. Sucks. Cause appereance dominates on dating sites and in dating in general

0|0
    1|0
    • I might never get a boyfriend because of this.

• Show All
    • I can get anyone I want.

• if you say so lol... I doubt it though

• Be slutty. Women who are slutty get a lot of messages. But its kinda difficult to know. Can you message me a pic so I can see what you look like?

0|0
    1|0
    • How you look is not a reason for this.

• Tru. I was just trying to see what you look like tbh. I feel like you are attractive

• Shoot me a link or screen shot of your profile and I can properly judge. Kind of hard to tell whats wrong with next to no information.

0|0
    1|0
  • Post your photos. If you are on badoo you might be either sory to say not atractive or too attractive guys have to pay shit loads of money to even send you a message.
    Post your photos

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say flash a bit more of your body to grab their attention but not too much obviously but that's all i know really

1|0
    0|0
  • 1st things 1st

you gotta be hot. Are you hot OP?

0|0
    1|0
  • Bullshit.
    No, I just don't buy it.
    But…sure, you haven't posted here your photo and you are anonymous (of course you are).
    And before you ask: yes. On dating sites it's about looks (and sex, but you are female, so you win this one). In real life, thankfuly, not.
    I propose alternative solution: delete profiles on dating sites, throw away keys (login data), delete apps, remove them from bookmarks. Trust me, you'll feel better. Because you realize, that your worht as human being isn't only about responses on dating sites.

0|0
    0|0
  • Perhaps your profile is not that appealing? Do you have a nice picture up?

Hard to say with out seeing you

0|0
    0|0
  • Either match with people or show a little more skin to get the attention if your comfortable with that

0|0
    0|0
  • Add nudes to your profile. What is the point of your question?

0|0
    0|0
  • What does your profile say?

1|0
    0|0
  • Match with people

1|0
    0|0
  • Be average looking

0|0
    1|0
  • Just be yourself and the right one will come

1|0
    0|0
  • Why?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Cleavage

1|1
    0|1
  • Tell them a bit more about yourself and ask interesting questions maybe be a bit flirty.

1|0
    0|0
  • Woah, you must be really ugly not to get loads of messages every damn day.

0|0
    2|1

Recommended myTakes