Difference between love and infatuation?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Love is when they are just about as important to you as you yourself are. Infatuation is when they mean more to you than you do.

Yes, your feelings can shift around from one to the other. No, this is not always a bad thing.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't love myself, I love a hot guy that is dating another girl

• Show All
    • Yeah I'm honest that I'm a horrible person

• You could force yourself not to be.

Most Helpful Girl

• Infatuation is temporary feeling of affection towards a person which is short lived but enough to make you think that its love.
    Love is the connection where you fall for a person beyond the clothes and looks.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've never had a boyfriend but I tend to crush on hot guys I barely know and become obsessed with them

• Show All
    • What other kind is there? Having the best looking guy will make me seem better, I want to show people that I'm not a loser but I am a loser, I need to not let them win. I have to be perfect in every aspect but I'm a failure

• The other type is the good boyfriend, the one that is going to treat you right , love you and respect you.
      But maybe you are over looking them in the lookout for the hot guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Infatuation is that overwhelming feeling you have when you first start a relationship or crush on somebody. You find yourself thinking about them often and probably imagining the two of you in intimate or sexual situations. It's a feeling that many unfortunately mistake for love. Infatuation is the same as lust essentially. It's different for every body, but most can agree that infatuation wears off after approximately 2 years. You love somebody after a good amount of time together has been spent and you no longer think about them for what seems to be every moment of every day and those thoughts of intimacy and sexual relations between you two aren't nearly as prevalent in those thoughts you have of them. That doesn't mean they go away completely, but you start to think more about life with one another than the "infatuated" thoughts before. Such as thinking about a future together and what it entails (house, kids, work life, maybe cooking together etc.) as well as truly caring for them, wishing that each day they live is the best ever, or making sure you understand how they're feeling and doing your best to make each day with them in your life as prosperous and enjoyable for the both of you. When it's love, the overwhelming feelings of infatuation subside and that "spark" that most feel at the beginning may feel to fizzle out. That doesn't mean it's wrong to be together if it happens, it just means that you two are comfortable with each other. They become more like your best friend as opposed to your girlfriend or boyfriend. It doesn't make it less exciting, but we're only human, and feelings can't be so strong forever. When these things come together and are present in both of the parties feelings, then it's love.

1|0
    0|0
  • Love is when you want the best for them even if you don't get what you want.
    Infatuation is sort of an interest in the person and desire to get to know the person or want to be intimate with them.

Or something close to these explanations.

1|0
    0|0
  • Infatuation is often based on physical desire or need or simply because you don't want to be alone. Love is when you're drawn to an individual. There's a romantic attraction but also a selfless love in which you would do anything for them regardless of whether or not they treat you the same. Unfortunately it's possible for only one person to be in love in a relationship, especially abusive ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • Infatuation: I LOVE HER ! I NEED TO BE WITH HER! I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT HER! SHE'S PERFECT IN EVERY SINGLE WAY

Love: Yeah she's cool, and I'd do anything for her; but she has her moments where I just need a break... I can't imagine ever being with anyone else though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love-you want to grow old with them, you care about him despite arguments and quarrels, you realize he isn’t perfect, but you care about him anyways. Huge sexual attraction.

Infatuation-think about them all day, everything is blissful, you mainly think about having sex with them, etc.

Infatuation is a beginning stage of love.

0|0
    0|0
  • After 2 years you can know it's love. Before that it's a toss up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Infatuation, like attraction, is just the spark. If the spark goes away, and there's a window to end it and you stay; you love that somebody.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love is not starting with infatuation , that all that you should know. If you see sexual attraction first it is not love.

0|0
    0|0
  • Commitment is literally the only difference, for realsies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love is when love everything about the person..

Infatuation is when u get attracted due to something in peculiar with the person

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• Infatuation is a short term obsession whereas love is long term and healthier

1|0
    0|0
  • Infatuation dont last longer but love is eternity, if it is true lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes