So my brother is next to me and wants to know your opinion about a thing about a 17 year to 18 year old girl, please help him?

He's 26 and the girl 17, next year she'll make 18 and him 27. But honestly he doesn't look like 26, more on the 24 side. But anyway, 26. He tells me that the girl is very mature for her age and that the connection is amazing. I told him that I don't see any problem, since girls generally like men who are older, and for me a 18 year old girl is already a woman.

But he wants to read your opinion about it. If you had a 17 to 18 year old child would you "let" she date a 26 year old guy who has responsibility, a good heart, respect and being a good guy on paper in general?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It wouldn't work for me, since no matter how mature she might seem, she's still young and needs more life experience for me to bother.
    That said, if she's legal and it's consensual, then tell him to go for it.

0|0
    0|0
    • What do you men with life experience for me to bother?

• Show All
    • Yeah, I know what you mean. But I saw him talking to her, she does appear to be a very confident girl for her age, who knows what she wants. But I don't know what to tell him

• She might, but I doubt it. I've never met a 17 year old who knows what they want.
      But it doesn't mean it can't work. It might be a good experience, it might be they're meant to be, but in either case it'll require a bit of extra work.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wait until she's 18 just to be safe. Then you're both consenting adults and it's perfectly fine.

0|0
    0|0
    • He keeps thinking that when he's 30 she will be 21, and when he is 35 she will be 26, then he freaks out

• Show All
    • You mean your age difference with your boyfriend or my brother's? or both?

• Both I guess.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• I've dated a few girls who were 17/18 when I was 19-21. And the age difference of 8 years isn't a huge deal in the long run. However, with him being 26 and her (almost) being 18 at the moment, it's a significant difference of maturity between those two ages. I completely understand where his feelings are coming from, and I'm sure he has only good intentions, but he should know that although she does seem very mature for her age (my younger girlfriend did as well) he must remember that there's a lot of life experience that is learned in those 8 years between them. There will be things maturity-wise that he doesn't/can't see now but will show up if he were to start a relationship with her. It's simply how it is, especially with these next few years being very important in her development as a person regarding personality and who she'll develop into later as a twenty-somethings adult. She'll most likely be a completely different person in a year or two from now than she is today. Legally and morally, I'd say he's in the okay. However I can't imagine her parents being too keen on the age difference between them as it took a while for my younger girlfriends parents to see past that and get to know me as the good guy who was dating their daughter. In the end it's their choice, but he should know that it's not going to be everything that he believes it will be right now as far as her level of maturity and how easy it will be to avoid the age-gap problems.

0|0
    0|0
  • you can keep the fuck away from my 17 year old daughter, but if she chooses to pursue things with you when she is 18 i will respect that.

expect to be buried somewhere if you fuck her around though. you are an adult, so behave like one; i will definitely hold you to the same standard as one.

0|0
    0|0
  • 27 is mature enough for a boy to "halfway" know what is right and wrong and girls are supposed to mature fast for their age (because motherhood)

better this mature guy than an 18 year old trying to get is rocks off

9 years is an okay gap for a male and female

0|0
    0|0
  • If i had a teenage daughter, someone 5 years older would die just for asking that let alone almost 10 years older

0|0
    0|1
    • I think you have serious mental problems

• Show All
    • Also 18 year olds act sexually like an adult, but maturity wise they all seem like 15 or 16 year olds. At least all the ones I've met (which is a lot given im 19)

• And no one said 15? I said 16 17...

• I think it is better. Since he is a little older, it would already be obvious if he is good, or if he was into drugs, partying, and being a drunk. If he isn't into that stuff by now, then it is unlikely he ever will be, so that is good.

0|1
    0|0
  • If it was my daughter i would not be happy about it. To big an age gap at that age 9 years is fine if they are both over 24 but at 18 that is a very different point in their lives and i would strongly discourage it.

0|0
    0|0
  • wow... umm.. i can help him, with a baseball bat to the noggin to knock in some sense... are you fucking kidding me?
    "she's very mature for her age"... fuck that you mean HE is very immature for his age and that is the age/maturity level he clicks with.
    my cousin is doing the same shit. 24 dating a 19 year old... why? because in his fucking current status, he can't date anyone in his range... they are all doing shit with their lives... he hasn't even gotten a damn GED.
    she is very mature for her age... her age should be the issue here... she's 17... she's a clean slate (kinda). this is bordering on perv status...
    I don't give a shit if she was "mature" as a 60 year old, she's still way too young and he needs to come up a couple of years. When i was 22 i wasn't even dating 18-19 year olds... this guy is 30 lol...

0|0
    0|0
  • FUCK THAT IF A GROWN ASS MAN TRIES TO DATE MY TEENAGE DAUGHTER ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOSE ALSO WHY can't YOUR BROTHER GET GIRLS HIS OWN AGE? MAYBE HE SHOULD BE ASKING THAT

0|0
    0|0
  • Until she's legal he shouldn't do anything sexual with her at all.

I'm saying... holding hands is already too dangerous.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what kind of a person I think the guy is, but I'll keep an eye on her and him. Enough that the dude knows and not enough that I interfere. At 17/18, she's gotta learn.

0|0
    0|0
    • Learn what?

• Show All
    • But do you think it's a bad decision, even if the guy is very good on paper? Wouldn't you want your child to be with a good guy with a future with 26 than with a 18,19 year old creep?

• It's neither good nor bad until the circumstances of their relationship play out. After a girl's certain age, she has to make key decisions for herself. Here's my observations from the ones I've encountered: if she caves from parental pressure or protests and rebels, she can't handle it. If she doesn't and weighs it, she can take it. Let's do this in reverse, if the guy can go up to her parents and at least tells her parents that he's going out with their daughter. As a parent, I can trust his initial intent.

• Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes