So my brother is next to me and wants to know your opinion about a thing about a 17 year to 18 year old girl, please help him?

He's 26 and the girl 17, next year she'll make 18 and him 27. But honestly he doesn't look like 26, more on the 24 side. But anyway, 26. He tells me that the girl is very mature for her age and that the connection is amazing. I told him that I don't see any problem, since girls generally like men who are older, and for me a 18 year old girl is already a woman.

But he wants to read your opinion about it. If you had a 17 to 18 year old child would you "let" she date a 26 year old guy who has responsibility, a good heart, respect and being a good guy on paper in general?

122

Most Helpful Guy

• It wouldn't work for me, since no matter how mature she might seem, she's still young and needs more life experience for me to bother.
    That said, if she's legal and it's consensual, then tell him to go for it.

• What do you men with life experience for me to bother?

• Yeah, I know what you mean. But I saw him talking to her, she does appear to be a very confident girl for her age, who knows what she wants. But I don't know what to tell him

• She might, but I doubt it. I've never met a 17 year old who knows what they want.
      But it doesn't mean it can't work. It might be a good experience, it might be they're meant to be, but in either case it'll require a bit of extra work.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wait until she's 18 just to be safe. Then you're both consenting adults and it's perfectly fine.

• He keeps thinking that when he's 30 she will be 21, and when he is 35 she will be 26, then he freaks out

• You mean your age difference with your boyfriend or my brother's? or both?

• Both I guess.