Is he losing interest in me? Honest answers needed?

So my boyfriend of two months has been really distant lately. He never texts me first anymore and takes a while to reply to my messages despite his last seen being after I sent the messages. I'm trying to take a step back by not texting first this time after he ignored my last text saying I understood if he's too busy to see me because of uni work (it's towards the end of term, he claims he's swamped with work which I do believe but I just feel he should be instigating contact more) and we're now on three days without him texting first. Things seemed to be going well but the thing that troubles me is the last time I saw him I got very upset because of a financial crisis I was having. He was nice to me and comforted me but the next week he cancelled our date night saying he was overwhelmingly busy with coursework but that he would come up instead at the weekend. He didn't and when I asked him about it he claimed be had forgotten and was busy with work. On our date night this week he said he had a society Christmas dinner but didn't offer another time to come up. I do believe that he's busy and when I have initiated contact he's sent messages that don't sound off but it's just bugging me how long he takes to reply. I don't want to mention it again as I don't want to look like I don't understand or that I'm clingy as I was a bit abrupt about it when questioning why he hadn't come up that weekend.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest, he probably is and he probably thinks that this relationship is one sided. Another girl may even be winning him over. I wouldn't assume he's cheating but it's a possibility. I hate to break it to you, but he probably has lost interest.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are important to someone, they would find time with you!!! Your relationship is too fresh for these excuses. He lost his interest quite quickly.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• Sounds like he is just extremely focused on his work. Men sometimes do this and it's normal. It's also not in entirely intentional if this is the case. It doesn't mean he's lost interest in you, and this kind of focus doesn't last longer than it needs to. Then when he is this intensely focused on you, there will be nothing else in the world other than you.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes, indeed men can be like this for a period of time

The thing is it kind of stresses a woman out lol

But yes he must be busy with work indeed and super focused on it.

• I suppose it can be stressful. Hopefully understanding it's not entirely intentional and that it doesn't mean we are losing interest makes it less stressful for you.

• Regardless of if he is still interested in you, it sounds like you aren't a priority in his life.

This could mean he isn't interested in you, that he doesn't want to risk his grades for a girl he has known for a couple months, or that he treats everyone like this when he feels under pressure.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was in the same position as your boyfriend in my relationship, she broke up with me because she thought we were fading apart, too stressful. Even though i loved her and never lost interest. If you like him don't leave him. Coursework doesn't last forever.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate to tell you this, it's over. These people are trying to defend him but reality is, it doesn't take long to respond to a message, yes he might be busy, but in truth it comes down to, your in a relationship, he could at least text you back it takes 2 seconds. If you want to see just stop texting and start calling. If everytime you call he just seems annoyed and that your unimportant, ask him what the problem is, if he gets angry it's done, if he gets exasterbated, he's having issues and you can probably help, if he just seems indifferent, it means he doesn't really care and your just another notch on his belt and he is just keeping it together for appearances.

0|0
    0|0
  • He may be loosing interest... Or maybe he's more comfortable in VERY distant relationship?

Anyway, if this situation don't satisfy you, maybe you should leave him? Find someone who's looking for the same kind of relationship as you?

You may want to give him another chance, to tell him that you don't feel good in that relationship and may need to quit. Don't make it an ultimatum, of course not, but you have to stand up for what you want in a relationship. If he can't give you what you want then it may not be his fault of course, but it's not your fault either for wanting what you want, it's just too bad that the 2 of you were not a good fit

0|0
    0|0
  • Haven't you thought he might be depressed or have some other problems?

1|0
    0|0
  • He has lost whatever interest he may ever have had. Otherwise, he would have taken you along to the "society Christmas dinner."

0|0
    0|0
  • don't worry be cool there are many such boys who wants girlfriend and can fulfill there needs like me...😄😄

0|0
    0|0
  • It's probably nothing. He's busy, maybe a little overwhelmed or even depressed; all very typical for this time of year. And being your first holiday season together, and a new relationship in general, you have no baseline for reading his moods to justify fearing he's lost interest in you. Ask HIM. Not a lot of guys do passive aggressive like girls, so if you ask and the problem is related to you, he'll probably share. If he clams up, he most likely doesn't want to burden you with his problems, that's normal. Give him a little space, and occasionally remind him he's a priority to you. I'm sure you'll be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Boyfriend of 2 months 😂, chances are you were just a bit of fun that he finds is too clingy and annoying now.

Move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be he's busy is why he is acting the way he is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah he is

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say yes

0|0
    0|0
  • may be he find someone behalf of u

0|0
    0|0
  • He has lost interest! He may even be cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey hows it going

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he is with someone

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup he lost interest in u. Did u had sex?

0|0
    0|0
  • He may be busy

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Chilllllllllllll you've only been dating 2 months. That's nothing

0|0
    0|0
    • Nah... short term date shit doesn't equate to a big breakup call/meet whatever for dudes till like 32+. You wanna avoid all drama, conflict n tears etc. n the simplest method is just by showing less n less response until she reads inbetween the unsent-txt-lines n gets he's done
      ON THE REAL - (SORRY) LIKELY 75 - 80% WANTING TO END IT.

SHIT FIND A BETTER DUDE ANYWAY, A GUY can't LAST 1 GIRL THAT LONG HE'S TRASH LONG-RUN

Recommended myTakes