Is he losing interest in me? Honest answers needed?

So my boyfriend of two months has been really distant lately. He never texts me first anymore and takes a while to reply to my messages despite his last seen being after I sent the messages. I'm trying to take a step back by not texting first this time after he ignored my last text saying I understood if he's too busy to see me because of uni work (it's towards the end of term, he claims he's swamped with work which I do believe but I just feel he should be instigating contact more) and we're now on three days without him texting first. Things seemed to be going well but the thing that troubles me is the last time I saw him I got very upset because of a financial crisis I was having. He was nice to me and comforted me but the next week he cancelled our date night saying he was overwhelmingly busy with coursework but that he would come up instead at the weekend. He didn't and when I asked him about it he claimed be had forgotten and was busy with work. On our date night this week he said he had a society Christmas dinner but didn't offer another time to come up. I do believe that he's busy and when I have initiated contact he's sent messages that don't sound off but it's just bugging me how long he takes to reply. I don't want to mention it again as I don't want to look like I don't understand or that I'm clingy as I was a bit abrupt about it when questioning why he hadn't come up that weekend.

221

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest, he probably is and he probably thinks that this relationship is one sided. Another girl may even be winning him over. I wouldn't assume he's cheating but it's a possibility. I hate to break it to you, but he probably has lost interest.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are important to someone, they would find time with you!!! Your relationship is too fresh for these excuses. He lost his interest quite quickly.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE