Have you ever tested someone's values while dating or had this happen to you?

I've heard some people will do things like the following:

- suggest an overnight or late night visit to see if a person who claims to be opposed to premarital sex will back away from the ttemptation

- talk about exercise a lot to test a date's dedication to fitness

- suggest an expensive outing just to see if they are willing to spend money (but not make them go through with it)
Just to clarify, this is for people who are not in a relationship yet. You literally JUST met someone online and have no idea if they are who they say they are. So before you invest your time and money dating them, you might give them a few little tests to see if they put their money where their mouth is.

I'm not advocating this and I don't do it, I just heard about it and thought it was odd

1222

Most Helpful Guy

• Relationships are all about trust and respect. Subjecting someone to a test sounds like both trust and respect are lacking.

Any person, if tested under the right circumstances, can fail. A girl who feels the need to test me has herself failed the test.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I this is just when you first start seeing someone you don't know at all

• But, given the right circumstances, you would be subject to testing too? Yet you’ve stated she’s already failed, so what’s the point of your test if you are untouchable? Just a filtration method, a method of control, or double standards?

• @Hidden_P No, not untouchable, not beyond being questioned or doubted, and I do not consciously ever operate with a double standard,

If the only way that you trust someone is by testing them, then you really don't trust them. You merely made sure that they passed the test. When the next set of circumstances arises that make you have doubts, will you do another test. Real trust is built on a blind faith and it requires that you take a chance. Some people are capable of this and some are not.

For four years, I was married to a woman who had jealousy of almost paranoid proportions. She constantly suggested that I was flirting with other women and hinted that maybe I was being unfaithful. I never flirted with anyone and I was never unfaithful. I always talked about my wife to anyone who would listen. If she had tested me and I passed her test, it would not have mollified her unfounded fears.

Testing your partner is simply an admission that you do not trust them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't test people personally no, but i have had people say to me they were testing me, but i prefer to just have things go naturally, i hate games.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE