Do you believe that body language can express more than words?

And if you do, then I'd like to hear some things about it, like when someone likes you, what do they do, how they move, anything.
Do you believe that body language can express more than words??

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a well established fact that body language tells us more about a person than their words. It's well beyond the average person's abilities to effect their body language and physiology as they might their words. This is why polygraph examinations are so effective, and trained interrogators are well-versed on body language.
    Frankly, I suck at it. If a woman I'm interested in ever gave me subtle signs that she was mutually attracted, I never got it. And even having studied some body language in an attempt to improve my chances or at least cut down on hurtful rejections, I misinterpreted "signals" repeatedly and made matters worse, not better. My every approach in dating, love and sex has been a nerve-wracking nightmare. This is why I, for one, hate games. If you like someone, tell them. Unless you have any measurable experience with romantic rejection, you can't possibly fathom how amazingly that one simple act can affect your intended.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• they speak more than words indeed. and also once there was this woman sitting in front of me on the bus, and I could see she had a problem with me. She was sitting legs and arms crossed and stared at me. Long story short, we ended up fighting and I pinned her down. I can tell from experience a lot about body language

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 35

• Yeah , these things happen automatically and the person is not aware lol
    And if a person loves you that person will smile a lot while talking to you
    Loud speech (depends on the person )
    Blushes
    Gets shy around you
    Wants to talk to you
    Wants to hang out with you more often
    You caught then looking at you
    Texting you more and more
    Happy to see you always

1|2
    0|0
    • Body language says a lot , the most about that person and how he/she is feeling at that moment

• Stop listening to this morons (Yes offense) and start thinking yourself, how can you learn about a human beheivor, how do you know what he feels? Body Language indeed is a fact that you can learn from it... But - I T S O N L Y B O D Y

To know really what the person thinks you have to look at his eyes and way of talking, and where he looks. This is the key of success to learn about the people around.

0|0
    0|0
  • Body language is MASSIVE!! There are studies on it, and I can't remember the figure but it's something like 80-90% is about body language - and tone of voice too - compared to your actual words.
    Not an expert myself, but I've done it for sales training for my job as just using the right words doesn't always seal the deal - sound familiar?

0|0
    0|0
    • What do they mean by that that just because there's more of it? Because honestly that doesn't sound impressive. Of course there's going to be a lot of stimuli other than the words themselves. That doesn't mean it's as important as them.

• years body language is a thing. People lean in when they are engaged lean away when not. Open arms are an invite crossed are the opposite. Etc... there are books on it.

You look up and left lying sometimes or even not your head no during a lie sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard to tell, some people use the same gestures but for a different reason.
    I know I close my arms often, which is often interpreted as being closed to discussion, but in my case it's just an old habit I Took when I was younger and that doesn't mean anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • I will now explain Non-Euclidean geometry to you using body language.
    media.giphy.com/media/DWQtz75e1f9u/giphy.gif

0|0
    0|0
  • They mostly try being a bit confident near you but always suck at it, they try to be more flaunting their plus points, their pupils dilate more when you are near them

0|0
    0|0
  • I read a book on human body behavior. Now I apply it to every situation in life. Tells me everything I need to know in a situation like, when to disengage, or approach someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Been preaching that for years... words can lie.. actions don't.
    body language is part of action BUT... BUT... it speaks. So yea, it can lie too.
    Using the pic you put up... when someone folds their arms, its considered "defensive"... so when i do it, which to me is supposed to be a comfort thing, i don't want it to be read as "defensive"... so i unfold them.
    Body language, just like words, speak. and if it speaks... it can be manipulated or used to lie.

How do i know... lol... i fucking do it all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree 100%. Voice is 30% of our communication. Rest is non verbal communication

1|1
    0|0
  • If somebody likes you, they would smile whenever they see you talking. And yeah sometimes they would get nervous in front of you.

1|0
    0|0
  • In my experience, body language tells you things that the person is unable or unwilling to actually say.

0|0
    0|0
  • I also supports you. Body language tell many things,

0|0
    0|0
  • If not more, at least I believe it can express equaly the same! It´s a way of communication often underestimated...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't look body language that much cause my body language is totally other than all sites suggests.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure it does and it's very helpful too when you don't feel like to talk then use your body language

0|0
    0|0
  • It could, but sometimes someone is just comfortable standing some way you think something about. Don't judge too fast

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes. I can look angry on the outside and be full of peace on the inside.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. To bad I suck at this when it comes to flirting. Part of it is sensory overload.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish i could understand body language.. totally useless at all that stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 5

Recommended myTakes