When did not being exclusive become the default?

What I mean by this is that when dating these days whether you start having sex or not, until you actually have the discussion about exclusivity it is viewed that both parties are free to do or see who they want, and if the person you are dating sleeps with someone else you are viewed as unreasonable for being upset or disappointed about it, and even after you become an item if you learn your partner had sex with someone else AFTER you started dating your viewed as insecure if that makes you not want to see that person anymore. But it used to be the opposite, it used to be that if you wanted to play the field the onus was on you to tell the person you were dating BEFORE you had sex with them that it may not lead to anything and if the other person agreed then that was where you stood. and once the sex started it was assumed it was only with each other, unless one of you said otherwise before the sex started.
When did dating people one at a time stop being the default.

01