If someone tells you they love you and wants you to move in with them after a week of talking online is that a red flag?

I'm trying to prove a point to a friend who's talking to a guy online whose done both these things. I tried to tell her that it doesn't sound quit normal and she needs to be careful but she is insistent it's just me and that something like this could actually happen. What are your thoughts?
  • Red flag and she should run.
    Vote A
  • Completely normal and she should go for it.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I moved in with one of my exes after we were dating for a few weeks. She lived by herself and she insisted I move there. Said and done I did (kinda wanted to escape from my parents so I didn't hesitate) After a month she turned out to be the laziest, most disordered, chaotic bitch I ever seen. She wouldn't wash a dish, she'd throw her dirty clothes everywhere and leave it there for weeks. She rarely ever showered and she'd just push her dirty dishes under the bed. We'd constantly argue about who's gonna cook or who's gonna clean. We lived in a stinky mess for two months before I got fed up and left her.
    So from my experience, moving in together takes a lot. It's not something you do because you wanna spend more time together. When you move in, you start to see every little flaw that person has and it often leads to breakups. Getting to really know someone and accepting them for who they really are is crucial to moving in, and a couple of weeks is not enough to get to know someone, especially if you met them online.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• This happened to the sister of someone I know. He was a deadbeat dad trying to avoid getting arrested for not paying child support and also a registered sex offender!

1|0
    0|0
    • Of course, the girl let him move in with her and the family members figured this out later. But the woman was so snowed by this guy that she let him live with her for almost a year. He didn't work because they would have arrested him for the child support. He traded chores abd babysitting for room and board.

• Show All
    • It's the ones who are charming you have to worry about. I tell people to follow your heart but take your brain with you. Today you just can't be to careful especially if you have kids 😬

• "Follow your heart but take your brain with you." I'm going to steal that.

I feel sick about the kids. Just sick.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• Won't vote most of me says that's a man who's desperate and wants anyone.

That doesn't make him bad/evil or anything else just desperate and maybe that man will actually treat her amazing and it could work.

I doubt though most relationships the way you describe this one would last and she would be taking a serious gamble giving up her current stability to give this a shot.

2|1
    0|0
  • I don't know why women get so scared with feelings.

Have guys are closed, have guys who show their feelings easily. The point is women are afraid of love and honest feelings. That's the reason why they run away when a guy say "i love you" 1st and feel atracted by douches and players who doaen't show their feelings.

Well can workout, can not, i didn't see anything out of normal, some guys do that.

0|0
    1|0
    • You know this is a huge risk to be taken for slavery, raped, beaten, robbed, and any number of other things, right?

• Show All
    • And the lady has kids.

• Ah, okay. That makes sense.

• Neither. I used to believe in love at first sight, but I outgrew that. Anything is possible for 2 people who are genuinely attracted and share mutual interests, but it really takes months to fully understand someone enough to be ready to share living space. It could take years to really know them inside & out.

1|0
    0|0
  • moving in with someone after a week? that would be strange if you have face to face contact... if you have only spoken online its a no-go.
    Im all for meeting new people and making friends through the internet. But this is a bit soon

1|0
    0|0
  • If your friend doesn't see it as a red flag, then I'm really concerned about your friend and her life choices.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes, that's a bit too early for moving in - unless she is homeless. But even if she's homeless, she needs to be cautious of where she's staying/living.

1|0
    0|0
  • My ex fiance and I moved oin together after 2 weeks. Stayed together for years. Only split because her father is racist trash.

Point is, it's not an issue unless people make it one.

1|0
    0|0
    • But you can actually met each other in person before that right? This is just online.

• Yeah. We met a few times. Mostly just text and Facebook.

• Sounds like a red flag for sure, some guy did that to my cousin.

1|0
    0|0
  • no it's completely normal to want to move in with someone you never met in your life before...

1|0
    0|0
  • That's a big red flag.

1|0
    0|0
  • Run, just run like hell and don't look back.

2|0
    0|0
  • Huge red flag !

1|0
    0|0
  • run
    dunununuununununununun dunununununununu

1|0
    0|0
  • Uh yah that's absolutelya red flag

1|0
    0|0
  • She... Should go for it

0|0
    1|0
  • Follow your instincts 😎🀘

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• YUP!
    A scam in the least... a serial killer at most.

1|0
    0|0
  • Talking to someone online isn’t a good idea in its self. Moving in together is a huge red flag.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes 100% red flag

2|0
    0|0
  • They've never even met?

0|0
    0|0
    • And she has kids. The youngest is 7 years old.

• Show All
    • I agree! It's really kind of creepy to ask someone you've never met to move in

• OMG noooo

• Tell her not to. I ended up getting kidnapped before. I got away. Not everyone is that lucky and there is a lot of human trafficking. Make her aware of the reality of serial killers and human traffickers as well as abusive relationships where people try to isolate the partner from their family and friends, physically and sexually abuse them, with hold food and money, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Red flag and she should run.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's ridiculous! You can't be in love after talking to someone online for only a week! Infatuated with the 'idea' of them sure but certainly not love! And that's a really sketchy motive right there for a guy to pretend to be in love with someone he's never met before and is asking to move on - basically he's using her and she's being completely naive and letting him which will set her up for a hide disaster.

Please. Just. Run. Now. Until. Some. Common. Sense. Kicks. In.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes