If someone tells you they love you and wants you to move in with them after a week of talking online is that a red flag?

I'm trying to prove a point to a friend who's talking to a guy online whose done both these things. I tried to tell her that it doesn't sound quit normal and she needs to be careful but she is insistent it's just me and that something like this could actually happen. What are your thoughts?
  • Red flag and she should run.
  • Completely normal and she should go for it.

817

Most Helpful Guy

• I moved in with one of my exes after we were dating for a few weeks. She lived by herself and she insisted I move there. Said and done I did (kinda wanted to escape from my parents so I didn't hesitate) After a month she turned out to be the laziest, most disordered, chaotic bitch I ever seen. She wouldn't wash a dish, she'd throw her dirty clothes everywhere and leave it there for weeks. She rarely ever showered and she'd just push her dirty dishes under the bed. We'd constantly argue about who's gonna cook or who's gonna clean. We lived in a stinky mess for two months before I got fed up and left her.
    So from my experience, moving in together takes a lot. It's not something you do because you wanna spend more time together. When you move in, you start to see every little flaw that person has and it often leads to breakups. Getting to really know someone and accepting them for who they really are is crucial to moving in, and a couple of weeks is not enough to get to know someone, especially if you met them online.

Most Helpful Girl

• This happened to the sister of someone I know. He was a deadbeat dad trying to avoid getting arrested for not paying child support and also a registered sex offender!

• Of course, the girl let him move in with her and the family members figured this out later. But the woman was so snowed by this guy that she let him live with her for almost a year. He didn't work because they would have arrested him for the child support. He traded chores abd babysitting for room and board.

• It's the ones who are charming you have to worry about. I tell people to follow your heart but take your brain with you. Today you just can't be to careful especially if you have kids 😬

• "Follow your heart but take your brain with you." I'm going to steal that.

I feel sick about the kids. Just sick.