Does being honest about your feelings lessen your chances with your crush?

So if a female likes a male and is open about it, will that lessen her chances of being with said male?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Think of it this way - if being honest with them leads to nothing, then that only means that it wasn't meant to be anyway.

1|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• let's say the guy you like or an attractive guy you know tells you that he likes you in a conversation out of the blue.. would it lessen his chance with you?

1|0
    0|0
    • Not really, no... Not sure what my first reaction would be though.

• Show All
    • what I do is I show affection/open up to the girl and see how she behaves, if she doesn't give a response I won't step to the next level that's how careful I am.

you could go further than me but your limits girl

• your best bet is to be yourself. there are some good advice stuff on this site but most of it is brainwash crap and some more unrealistic advice than the other.

see how the guy behaves, think about it, analyze and think what you could do, think about what happened, what did the guy do to make you like him more and give back what you get

• Okay so maybe I am old-fashioned but it could go two ways depending on the guy of course in one one way you may be come off as maybe too easy or two if the person is shy let him know obviously that you're interested

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's better to be honest with a person than to live a lie
    whether things turn out good or bad i believe honesty is the
    best policy. If i get rejected for the truth than shame on that
    person for not accepting me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a girlfriend for 4 years, while i am the main reason of the hold.

ALWAYS be honest. Or you will just get hurt more than being honest. Of he doesn't like your honesty, he can go fk himself

0|0
    0|0
  • Not if the guy likes you back. Depends on how you express your feelings and if you give him time to consider them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it's more that he has to decide not. If you are open and he knows there is a chance he might ask you out if he likes you or he might sadly not like you back and won't ask you out.

From my experience it is better to just ask someone out. Crushes are more for highschool or for when your taking a class with a girl and feel you need to wait to ask her out or something where you need to wait. It's not best to drag things out cause poeople tend to lose interest pretty quick after they know something is up.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're honest with the guy and he's interested I'd say he's probably shocked and little impressed you where so forward. I should lessen your chances at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the person but usually both genders are interested in challenging so who we have to work for.

0|0
    0|0
    • So it's better to hide it and fake being cold?

• Show All
    • You win him over being cold show interest and be friendly just don’t over do it. Escalate the flirting as he does that way you won’t risk scaring him off or seem uninterested. Also one thing that helps is mention indirectly your single and looking. I know from my own experience trying to figure out if she is seeing anyone or not is major headache especially if isn’t obvious. It seems some woman won’t bring it up unless you purposefully lead the conversation into topic where it’s almost inevitable.

• As long as you avoid being cold or indifferent you should be fine as long as he is interested. Try to avoid playing games if possible it just causes confusion and puts guys off.

• It depends. If the guy likes you then no it wouldn't lessen your chances but if he just sees you as a friend it might. I don't know it really depends on the guy tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • I think being dishonest about your feelings will lessen your chances, how will you learn how you two feel about each other if he doesn't know how you feel.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a lot to say about that and mostly it depends on the person. But, to stick to the question i would say it greatly enhance your chances. Though that's Just my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no. For me at least, I like it when a girl is straight up honest, it helps build trust. I prefer that so I don't have to guess, it helps build a relationship better

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what kind of person do you want in you life.

0|0
    0|0
    • Personal It work's better if you are honest and stright forward. playing cool and other games makes me to put you in friendszon or blow you off because you seems to be untrustworthy with bad vibes, plus som other thing's.

• If that boy isn't at least flattered then something ain't quite right with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. If the dude really likes you than he will desire to be with you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if they aren't into you at all. But honesty is always the best policy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Always be honest it's the bridge between trust and loyalty

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person and if you have a good friendship with them or not

0|0
    0|0
  • It will be the opposite if I was that guy but again everyone is different so I dunno about him.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 1

Recommended myTakes