Should a woman reveal from the start that she has a child to a man she is going on a date with?

If a woman agrees to go on a date with a man, should she reveal right off the bat that she is a single mother, or is it not the man's business to know that she has a child at this time?

Should a woman reveal from the start that she has a child to a man she is going on a date with?
  • Tell the man right away
    Vote A
  • He does not need to know right away
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• She should tell right away. Raising a child is no monkey-business and therefore, should be taken into serious consideration first so he can make an informed decision on whether it would be an issue for him or not.

Otherwise, revealing a child to him long into the relationship would be deceiving him, which is wrong to do.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him right away, going on a date with someone they would have a right to know incase things go further.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• I think if she wants a relationship with the guy, it should be brought up early. Some guys don't want to be in a relationship with someone who has a kid. I think its better for both parties as it stops either of their time being wasted

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Do not tell him at the first date. Give him and yourself a chance to get to meet each other first. I would say 2nd or 3rd date and before any commitments have been made.

0|0
    0|0
  • 100% tell him because its just wasting both of your time if he’s not willing to take on someone else’s child (which is fair enough).

0|1
    0|0
  • Having a child might make some men run and she deserve a chance for the guy to get to know her. Once he has an idea what kind if a woman she is she should tell him. However though it is better that she tells in the begining

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe not immediately, but sometime soon... thats a huge HUGE factor.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he asks, then yes. If he doesn't, then no. But it's better to find out early if it will be a deal breaker that she has kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • He has the right to make an informed decision. Furthermore it's rather disrespectful to withhold that.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is something relevant.
    And remember the kid is priority then comes the man.. so yeah, you should keep your priorities clear

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes because if she lies I'd kick her and her kid to the curb. How she would feel if I lied about it and wasted her time?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, this is an important information and should be said from the start.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a massively important detail so it should be disclosed at by the end of the first date at least

0|0
    0|0
  • She should tell him as soon as possible, at least before anything intimate.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would wanna know beforehand. I'd still go out with her, but at least I'd know.

0|0
    0|0
  • She should tell me. I am not 100% sure I want my own kids, yet not mine...

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are worth it, that won't be a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • OF COURSE

All smart men know not to date single moms they deserve to know

0|0
    0|0
  • Especially because I don't date single mothers

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah, I think if either person has a kid they should mention it on the first date, that's like an extremely major thing to leave out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it'd be important to tell him

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, she should tell as soon as possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah cause he may not want a ready made family.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not right away but the 2nd or 3rd date.

0|0
    0|1
    • If it´s not going to bother him on the second date it won´t bother him on the first date, I´d say saying it on the first date is better to avoid wasting time on someone who wouldn´t be okay with it anyway.

Recommended myTakes