My dad doesn’t like my boyfriend (im a 19 year old)?

im 19 and living with my parents. I’m in college and am the only girl of four brothers.

I recently told told my dad I was dating a guy who was going to vocational school instead of a four year college. He wasn’t proud of that. This guy on the other hand is the sweetest guy I’ve ever dated. He’s treated me with respect and we enjoy being around each other. I’m not saying that while trying to be blind about being in a relationship. I can see he’s a sensitive and and kind hearted. He’s shown it.

My dad didn’t care regardless. My mom doesn’t mind that I’m dating him. She told my dad I’m just getting to know guys, which is true I guess. I don’t really plan marrying anybody anytime soon. But I enjoy having fun with this guy.

Recently I asked my dad if I could go out with him to a Christmas event tons of people from local towns go to. My dad said no because my boyfriend was gonna pick me up and didn’t want him to get too comfortable in coming here... what? I don’t understand.

can someone explain to me if I’m in a wrong, and my dads point of view?

03