So honesty is good - but is there such h a thing as too honest when it comes to relationships?

Is there a limit between honest and too honest? And is sugar-coating still considered honest?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• you must differ kind honesty from rude honesty, honesty is the basic structure of a relationship, yet it has to be given a kind frame, which means it should be coming in the form of caring comments, not hurting or pointing criticism nor raw statements !
    for example I can tell you that I'm not interested in moving the relationship forward in two ways:
    1- excuse me but I had my share in relationships and I've been cheated on a lot and got disappointed, so I stopped trusting women, I'm not saying that you are the same (but you're actually saying it) but I guess I need time yet I have a feeling it won't change, but let's live our lives and see where things will go naturally !
    2- I believe every relationship will develop eventually when both parts work as a team and their life situation and plans match, commitment is a choice that should be made after accepting the person as a whole package and reaching a state where you know you don't need someone else and will respect that person and be with through good and bad, so those are the questions we should ask ourselves and answer together...

hope I made my point clear :)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• In my view, no, but I think a good understanding of situations is necessary. If my guy had a problem With my, I would want him to talk about it when it is just the two of us and not make a big deal of it in Public for example. And if he didn't think I looked good in some clothing, I would want him to say so in a respectful manner. But then again, I'm not one for this kind of drama.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Honesty is good when it's appropriate. If you throw a phrase like "does this skirt look good?" And he says no or yes but is dishonest relize that it's your question that's the problem. So the point is that honesty can be important but don't use an honest persons honesty to try and validate insecurities or suspicions. You have the trust the person to be honest with you when they feel it's the right time

0|0
    0|0
  • Like others have said, always tell the truth.

Though for myself, when needing to tell the truth I may not say everything or sometimes I won't say anything at all. I'd rather be made fun of (or punished if it's like at work or wherever) than be a liar. ... As such I lose a LOT of trust & respect if someone lies to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a too honest kinda person and i know it, i know sometimes i hurt the person i love with my truthful comments but at the end, when everyone else are lying to u and one person is telling u the truth, u should always be with him bcz he really cares.

0|0
    0|0
  • People without a spine to face the consequences will say that there is such a thing as being too honest - I disbelieve in such a notion. If your partner can't handle and appreciate honesty, you're with the wrong person.

0|0
    0|0
  • If and while in a relationship, commitment, or someone you know their feelings to such answers or count come could be, always lean on being honest but also suggestive... sometimes a silly question as "does this shirt make me look fat" can make any gender a little self conscious with a Yes... instead try to be more on the up and you'll always be appreciated regardless... sometimes people already know what they feel and are wandering what your say is on x matter...

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe what your referring too as too honest I would just consider over sharing. If I'm with a girl and she looks bad, I don't need to tell her that, even tho thats "honest" . If she asks I could let her know her outfit isn't my favorite or even just say you look good because I'm still attracted to her, but I don't just need to walk up to her and be like "you look bad". That's not honest... that's mean.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also in the scenario I wrote about I'd she were to really look horrible and she asked about it you could just deflect and give her a compliment on something you do like. Maybe her shoes or something lol.

• Being too honest can make a wrong impression about you in your partner's mind yes being honest is Good and be honest but you can hide those things which you think can put a wrong image of you in your partner's mind ( be 80-90℅ honest and 10-20℅ dishonest )

0|0
    0|0
  • Discretion obviously trumps honesty:
    "How do I look tonight, honey?"
    "You look like shit, dear. Your wrinkles have wrinkles and your tits have really sagged since you had the kids."

0|0
    0|0
  • Honesty is key, privacy on the other hand is necessary, but you should always be honest. Sugar coating is situational.

0|2
    0|0
  • It depends. Sugar coating will help but if u get your message through peacefully than we'll and good. Honesty will make her hate you for only one day, but dishonesty will last a lifetime.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course! If you're attracted to minors (but you're a decent guy and not a pedophile) and you tell your girl about your fantasies. Boom! You fucked. Too much honesty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honesty and consideration have to go hand-in-hand. Consider that sometimes the truth is going to hurt someone, and sometimss not being so honest can protect someone not involved with the lie

0|0
    0|0
  • yea there's a limit u be honest about the stuff that matters and is important but lie about stuff like the classic no ur not fat in those jeans

0|0
    0|0
  • You should suger coat sometimes to not hurt another persons feelings however sugar coating is still technically lying.

0|0
    1|0
  • honesty is a must in relationships to build trust, but being brutally honest with some one is never usually a good thing

0|1
    0|0
  • Always tell the truth but you dont have to say the whole truth

0|1
    0|0
  • No. There is only being honest at the wrong time.

1|1
    0|0
  • to be honest. 😂 i dont know

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd have been laid more often if I hadn't been so honest.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Yes u your partner and whoever is in your family needs to be honest with each other 24/7
    If u or and your partner do not be honest and find a lie then it could all go wrong with your relationship

0|1
    0|0
  • I crave honesty, its a complete attraction for me. Bare in mind I'm not easily offended. If someone can talk real to me it gives me the power and authority to do it back.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes