So honesty is good - but is there such h a thing as too honest when it comes to relationships?

Is there a limit between honest and too honest? And is sugar-coating still considered honest?

320

Most Helpful Guy

• you must differ kind honesty from rude honesty, honesty is the basic structure of a relationship, yet it has to be given a kind frame, which means it should be coming in the form of caring comments, not hurting or pointing criticism nor raw statements !
    for example I can tell you that I'm not interested in moving the relationship forward in two ways:
    1- excuse me but I had my share in relationships and I've been cheated on a lot and got disappointed, so I stopped trusting women, I'm not saying that you are the same (but you're actually saying it) but I guess I need time yet I have a feeling it won't change, but let's live our lives and see where things will go naturally !
    2- I believe every relationship will develop eventually when both parts work as a team and their life situation and plans match, commitment is a choice that should be made after accepting the person as a whole package and reaching a state where you know you don't need someone else and will respect that person and be with through good and bad, so those are the questions we should ask ourselves and answer together...

hope I made my point clear :)

Most Helpful Girl

• In my view, no, but I think a good understanding of situations is necessary. If my guy had a problem With my, I would want him to talk about it when it is just the two of us and not make a big deal of it in Public for example. And if he didn't think I looked good in some clothing, I would want him to say so in a respectful manner. But then again, I'm not one for this kind of drama.