Do you think nice guys really do finish last in life?

Do you really think nice guys do really finish last in life???

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, doormats and pushovers finish last.
    You can be a nice guy and still be confident in yourself and not let others get in the way of what you want.

2|9
    1|4
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Not really.

• Show All
    • From start to finish we are born to procreate and die. That is the meaning of life, reproduction. Having that taken away simply for being nice is counter productive. Women turn men into assholes when they realize being nice won't allow them to achieve their life's purpose. Then they blame men and ask where have all the good men gone?

• @Wwwyzzerdd being nice =/= being a weak ass pushover
      what is so difficult to understand about that concept?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm speaking from experience when I say yes. Whether or not you want to admit it, we live in a cruel world full of self-centered assholes who will only take advantage of your kindness to further themselves and pick on you.

0|3
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• @PrincessPie literally took the words out of my mouth. Doormats and pushovers do.

This is why I prefer to make a distinction between "nice" guys and good guys. "Nice" guys are whiners and losers. They're fake. They're not nice because they really want to be good people - they're nice because they expect to get something in return for their niceness. They're entitled and expect everything to be handed to them on a silver plate because they were "nice". When they don't get what they want, they throw a temper tantrum. They're selfish. They will stop being nice the second they don't get what they want and will start to treat anyone badly if they feel "wronged", even the people who don't "deserve" it. They will take their anger out on anyone who stands in their way.
    Good guys are nice because they're good at heart. They're selfless and don't expect anything in return, but they're also not willing to be taken advantage of. They find the perfect balance between being giving and having self-respect. Instead of throwing a temper tantrum when they don't get what they want, they calmly analyze the situation and see if there's a reason why things happened the way they did, and what the best solution is. They're confident and their kindness isn't fickle in the same way that "nice" guys' kindness is - just because they might stumble upon the wrong kinds of people, they will never feel the urge to throw their good heart away. They will, instead, surround themselves with the right kinds of people and build on their own self-confidence. This is what will make them truly admirable to other people, and in the end they will be the ones with healthy friendships and relationships. The "nice" guys will end up alone and will only ever be capable of having really short-term relationships and friendships, because the second that people see their true selves and realize that their niceness is completely fake, they'll peace out.

1|0
    1|0
  • Nice guys don't finish last. guys who are doormats do. just because a man is nice aka respectful it doesn't mean he's a doormat

0|1
    0|2
    • Lol what's up with this doormat thing , what is that even mean

• Show All
    • @prof exactly

• Not for me the main reason I like my crush is because he's super kind and sweet to others. Yes I find him physically attractive but I wouldn't give him the time of day if he was an ass whole.

0|0
    0|2
  • Nice people are usually taken advantage of so yeah.

0|4
    1|0
  • Only if they are a pushover , and don't have limits and boundaries.

Being nice is a good thing, but you also need to be assertive and set boundaries with people.

You should never say " yes" if in your head and heart you mean "no"

Being nice can be a positive or negative thing. It just depends on your limits and boundaries

In real life, I'm genuinely kind, caring and compassionate towards people.. But I never let anyone take advantage of my kindness. Not everyone sees my nice side , and some people never see my mean side. It really depends on how I'm treated or my own perception of them

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter if nice or hot.. it matters if they can handle a relationship hahaha

1|0
    1|1
    • Which she will overlook him as relationship material for being nice to her so she dismisses him as being weak.

• Wtf, relationship material is whether he's consistent and smart

• This is really hilarious

0|0
    1|0
  • Yes ugly guys finish last

0|1
    0|1
  • No, door mats on the other hand do

0|0
    0|2
  • Yes they do

0|1
    1|0
  • Nice guys finish 4th... On the studies

0|0
    1|0
  • Lmao what? 😂

0|0
    0|1
    • Ohhh... actually sometimes they do , not all the time tho

• I really don't know how someone could take advantage of a nice guy, nice people in general. Just a bunch of assholes! Its like they have no brain and no heart. Just ridiculous ! Great now I'm mad. Thanks rap 😑👊

• lol no im with one

0|0
    0|1
  • I like this guy who is violent suicidal and hated, he is the nicest guy I've ever met. I've been bullied my whole life, I still get picked on but when he shows up I just be happy for the rest of the day. I don't like him for the badass part, I love him for how kind he is to me. so no, nice guys don't finish last for me.

0|0
    1|0
  • I mean, nice guys finish last because they put a ring on it

1|0
    0|1
    • Lol what you mean?

• Show All
    • I don't believe that from first hand experience. Women have it easier. While the process may be the same the level of work necessary is much less for modern women.

• My kindness is always misconstrued, I've yet to have a nice guy interact with me like that

• No way! They finish second to last 😂

0|0
    0|1
  • Stats show bad boys finish first- dead early or in jail. Game over.

0|2
    0|1
    • Life is knowing when to be more good or more bad, those who are all good or all bad never succeed

• Too many people confuse sticking up for yourself in a reasonable way as mean or bad.

• Exactly, you can't just spend life fighting everyone else's battles

• No, I’ve met nice guys who are very successful.

0|0
    0|2

What Guys Said 24

• I agree. Nice guys finish last, at least when you are a little younger it changes as you get older. But be confident. And don't get pushed over. Do things that make you feel confident. Hair cut. Shower. Contacts/glasses. Cologne. Go to the gym (I always thought going to the gym would get you a good looking girl. Not true. It's just the way you carry yourself)

0|1
    0|0
  • Nice has a different meaning now, nice use to be a synonym with kind, it still does however another meaning has been attached to it which is being a pushover. "He is too nice to stand up for himself."
    I think if you never stand up for yourself and fight for what is right at least some time, you might finish last.

Being nice/kind is a wonderful thing to have, confidence is good as well, however hating yourself and willingly become the worlds doormat won't help.

0|1
    0|0
  • They finish second last, doormats aka the guy who says yes all the time bc its in there nature to help others finish dead last

Get this women hate assholes but dislike decent guys, so they date assholes
    1: she dates him bc he's an asshole to others but not her and thinks it's manly. (Same reason young girls think bullys are hot in HS)

2 she dates him bc he's a badboi and lives on the edge of being a criminal bc of the rush or since he defiant

0|0
    0|0
  • Most definitely with women... I dated and married good looking women but every woman I was ever nice to screwed me over but once I became an asshole they got hotter and more loyal and more jealous. So I learned how to be both at the same time but you better be a bad boy with just a little romance at first. She sees nice in the beginning she'll and up with a different bad boy

0|1
    0|0
  • In love we can, but we finish first in skills, hobbies, free time, and choices in life. I find being single as a man is the way to go because you can really make something of your self. The more you stand out the more women will see you then you will have your pick if you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so. They are rarely the woman's first choice. When they do get a girl, she has probably slept with a couple assholes before him and it's very likely that she will make him wait longer for sex.

0|1
    0|0
  • Being nice doesn't mean that you always make way for people to go first for everything... being nice means that you aim you goal and help others on the way to achieve that goal... so no, nice guys go further ahead in life

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't need to be a nice guy, what you need to do is be yourself, and be a nice guy to the right people.
    Do nice guys finish last, of course they do, when comes to bad people.
    Do bad people finish last, of course they do, no one ends up liking them, they spend long time in jail, or maybe get the death sentence.

I much rather be nice a guy, and be surrounded by good people who actually care about me, and have good relationships. I don't want to be an asshole and be surrounded by assholes, who don't care about me.
    Sure there are times your going to be fucked over by someone, but who doesn't get fucked over, even the gangster gets fucked by own gang, if he doesn't carry a murder properly, he gets killed, Just when he thought that gang cared about him. But no that gang just used to for their own gain, for money and drugs.

Nice guys and bad guys, both get fucked over or come last, depending on the situation.

0|0
    0|1
  • No, not at all; being a nice guy is not the same as being a wimp or pushover. Nice guys tend to be popular. And tend NOT to refer to themselves as nice guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, they finish first. It just doesn't seem that way. Being a good person always pans out. Being a bad person (jerk, bully etc) will always fail later on in life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty sure "Nice guys finish last" is referring to sex.

0|0
    0|2
  • You can be nice and still be competitive for everything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah cause they have nothing else special about them lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Nice guys who are only nice, probably do.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on which race your running I suppose

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nice people in general finish last.

0|0
    0|0
  • They really do