Would you allow your significant other to have close friends of the opposite sex?

• No, never
    Vote A
  • Maybe, depending on who the other people are
    Vote B
  • Maybe, with boundaries enforced
    Vote C
  • Yes
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's easy for someone to sit there and say that they would have no issue with it, but I think that they're full of shit for the most part. Dude, if my girl was chatting up some other single guy all throughout the day, then I wouldn't be cool with that. She wouldn't do that though. Just a matter of respect for the relationship. It's all circumstantial though.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• I would never force a girl to end long-lasting friendships for my sake. That being said, I'm likely to avoid getting romantically involved with girls whom I know have close male friends in the first place, as I'm certain it will eventually lead to conflict.

If I had already been dating a girl and she made friends with a guy who was important enough to her that she'd compromise my feelings, then I still couldn't "force" her to sever ties, but I would offer her an ultimatum.

0|0
    0|0
  • My female friends are great source of ideas and information. Like where to take her, whats been happening if I dont understand it and so on.

I even think they know we do this and share info between them on purpose.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can't demand something like that one way or the other because they are their own person and make their own choices. As long as they spend more time with me and only do things platonic with them, I have no reason to be worried.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. That would never be for me to decide- I have close friends who are girls too... and I would certainly not stop having them as friends, because I met a woman who couldn´t live with that.

I am a fan of trust until otherwise is shown.

0|0
    0|0
  • Allow? Who am I to decide who she can be friends with? I couldn´t care less if all her friends were guys.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do get jealous of my girlfriend. But I trust her. I want to know who she is hanging out with and how they act. That way you can get a feeling for what their intentions are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I feel like those that don’t allow their SO to have close friends of any sex are over protective and clingy

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are jealous when your partner is with opposite gender, you definitely cannot do the same... And vice-versa...

0|0
    0|0
  • If l had a girlfriend whom l knew very well and had spent much time bonding with l would like to think that l could trust her with anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Reluctantly. But believe me when I say if I could stop her I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because it's not my place to let her do anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would immediately break up with any girl who tells me i can't have girl friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I would trust her with any male. If she would hit on them, then she isn't for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty sure I will not, I'm jealous and possessive.

0|0
    0|0
  • What's wrong with having friends?

0|0
    0|0
  • Not my choice or business.

0|0
    0|0
  • there's always that one possesive guy

0|0
    0|0
  • No, never

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah with boundaries enforced

0|0
    0|0
  • second. because obvious

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I would totally trust her.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, never

0|0
    0|0
  • no because i'm the boss of her

0|0
    0|0
  • Allow?

I don't "allow" it, nor does she "allow" me.

We're adults who can have friends of either sex. Any partner who tried to tell me who I was allowed to be friends with would rapidly become an ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if I get to work first

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• i would hope he'd know how to interact with other women while still being respectful of me and our relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on who the other people are, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • TOTALLY, like I’m not gonna restrict someone from talking to someone else that’s fucking insane. Like bitch we only got one life and I’m not finna let u waste time not talking and meeting cool ass people lmao

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course! It's important for people to have a diverse friend group with different types of relationships

Plus if I can't a guy to be around other girls why would I even date him?

0|0
    0|0
  • Hahahaha “allow”
    I’m not his keeper, he can be friends with who he wants

1|2
    0|0
  • I put C. The boundaries are, don’t cheat, like any relationship.

I can’t force anyone to do anything. But he should respect me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course! But mutual friend, not a one on one deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ofcourse I would!! Perhaps make some good friends for myself as well

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no "allowing" friends in a normal relationship. Hopefully you'll find trust with your partner or someone you can trust.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, if he flirts or what not then he’s not for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do I'm not a control freak

0|1
    0|0
  • I would

0|0
    0|0
  • If you don't, that might be controling.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes