Is it true that guys don't really like tomboy girls?

There's a popular belief that guys prefer "girly girls" to "tomboys". Is this true? If yes, then why is that?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the guy. Some like the more feminine girls, some like tomboys. I not sure which one more guys are into, but I assume it's close to 50-50. There's a plethora of possible reasons for either preference, it's impossible to nail down and it depends on the guy.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on the guy normally but my future guy will have to love me as a tomboy cause I ain't changing for no man. You'd think they'd like tomboys more just because they'd like the same things but I don't know maybe they don't like us because we can beat them in some things.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• It's not correct, most guys prefer girly girls, but it's not means that their are not some guys who are okay with tomboys. Also tomboys still have more chance with guys, then sissies have with girls. Also tomboys are rare anyway, so it's not a decision that guys tend to face a lot in any case.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't generalize it, some do some don't. I've been attracted to both and all different types of women. It's the person overall that I'm attracted to. If I like you, I like you the way you are. "Girly girls" might get our attention more at first, but everything else comes into play after that which determines if I like them or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems like highly gendered people tend to be more primitive more like cave people might have been. He man/ girly girl couples come off that way a lot of the time. If I'm right then the more of those kind of guys you have around the more they prefer those kind of girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to learn that men are individuals. All we have in common is the XY chromosome and the physical characteristics of being a male human.
    Some men like tomboys whereas some don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, that is a myth. I certainly find tomboy girls attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Each guy for himself.

Most liked are blondes or brunette.

0|0
    0|0
  • False it can even be the opposite sometimes just depends on the guy

0|0
    0|0
  • Not true at all. I love a girl that doesn't mind being a little dirty, wears jeans and boots.

0|1
    1|0
  • Yes it's true. Men want a feminine woman not a woman that behaves like another man.

0|0
    0|1
  • Nope... tomboys are hot too...

1|0
    0|0
  • No way I love sporty women to be active with.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh hell no I love them I'm marrying one

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it

0|0
    0|0
  • No, if she is cute guys will still be interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • In most cases yes... unless they are gay

0|0
    0|0
    • Technically tomboy/manly girls are still girls, so it's not gay, unless they like strap on.

• I like tomboy style girls, really turns me on

0|0
    0|0
  • Its true because its to ugly for my dick.

0|0
    0|0
  • love em

0|0
    0|0
  • No...

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys