Am I wrong for asking my boyfriend this question?

So every now and then I like to have reassurance that my boyfriend still finds me attractive. I try to ask him in a lighthearted way if he still thinks I’m pretty and for some reason it always turns into a big fight. He always gets mad at me for asking that question and says I make it seem like he doesn’t do enough for me when I tell him that he does. Sometimes I just have my insecure days and would like some reassurance in a simple “of course you’re beautiful to me”. But instead he gets upset and sometimes even threatens to break up with me because of it. Am i in the wrong for asking him this question?
I guess it just stems from the fact that i have caught him flirting with his coworker and the fact that he can easily tell her she’s beautiful and her smile makes him happy but gets upset when I ask him gives me some insecure days every now and then.

018

Most Helpful Guy

• i think he doesn´t see your insecurity. i think he sees a lack of trust. cause he wouldn´t be with you if you weren't attractive and by asking if he finds you attractive, you basically imply he's living a lie.

maybe don't ask him if he finds you attractive. maybe tell him that you feel so ugly today. that may trigger his protective instinct, cause the message you send this way is different than "asking if you're still attractive" cause at some point a guy will be annoyed. cause how often does he need to reestablish that you´re attractive to him? for him it didn't change and it's just annoying to be asked the same thing over and over as if one wasn't able to tell the truth.