Guys, What am I doing wrong?

I’m 18 years old and I’ve never been asked out. I have never been on a date, never had my first kiss. What am I doing wrong? My friends and family say guys are “intimidated” by me because I’m so “pretty”. I don’t buy it. I look in the mirror and I’m not gorgeous but I’m not ugly either.
I just feel so unwanted.
I don’t overdo my makeup, and I’m a normal weight for my 5’11 height. I try my best to get out of my shell and be more outgoing.
What else do I have to do?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, 4 things.

First, never listen to friends and family when they say that. That may be true, maybe you're pretty, butt they usually just want you to feel better.

Then, you should post a pic of you in this case, so we can tell you what could be wrong, if something is wrong.

Also, dating isn't a matter of appearance. Being pretty attract people, but in the end if you're not interesting, they won't stay and date you.

And finally... You're a young lady. You're 18. You're barely out of your childhood. Don't rush things. Don't worry about it. You have plenty of time to kiss and date. You may even be lucky, as teens usually date for fun, and in your case you could find a more mature guy, more serious than a teen who would just want to fuck you.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• There's nothing wrong with this. Had my first kiss at 18. Was asked out only when I was 23. Sometimes all it takes is a change of scenery. New hobby, new job, new city, etc. It'll come to you, keep your eyes and heart open.
    (Oh and it doesn't hurt to be proactive, you can ask someone out as well you know :-) )

0|0
    0|0
  • Approach guys you're interested in. Don't wait for them to. They may never. I know it goes against your nature, but that's what's wrong and what you have to do.

0|1
    0|0
  • Men are not caring about love , and relationship as much anymore. Interacting with women is not always the best idea because of people being so triggered anymore showing intrest in a women can be a dig mistake. Also men are not raised to be men anymore so most lack confidence, and fear rejection, so lost may never ask. You will get your pick of the bad boys who just wana pump, and dump, but it may be awhile before a good guy comes in to your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • There’s nothing more you can do. If your friends and family say it’s because guys are intimidated can you should believe them they are probably right. Just make yourself look as good as you can and be patient it will happen trust me

0|0
    0|0
  • The right guy hasn't come into your life yet. Either that or you take the lead and ask a guy you like out.. it's 2017 guys are in general cool with the lass taking the lead.. in fact it's flattering in most cases 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • You're 5'11". That's the real reason. No man that's shorter than 6'5" is going to want to be with you.

0|0
    0|1
  • U don't do anything... There is a saying u will get the right person when the time comes 😂😂 don't follow this...
    I think u r not open to others.. I mean very much interactive.!
    Maybe this is the reason
    If u need any other help.. let me know

0|0
    0|0
  • Try initiating something yourself. If guys are too wary to give you a chance, asking then out instead is a great way to expedite the process. If you get lots of no's then it might be something else

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you should small talk to guys you like. Get the ball rolling.

0|1
    0|0
  • Guys are just nervous. Especially with all the rape hysteria and harvey weinsteins.

0|1
    0|0
  • First of all, don't think that you are not or less beautiful. Every one is beautiful in some ways. Just look in the mirror and say to yourself I am beautiful. Not just from outside but also from inside. Second thing, it's good that you try to go out and make friends. There will come a time when you will find your right guy. Just wait for it. There are many good guys in this world waiting for there ideal partner. Also, don't try to get into a relationship quickly. Take one step at a time.
    I can understand your feeling. Apart from our family, we want to have someone special in our life who understands you, trust you and loves you. But sometimes it takes time to find someone. I am 23 years old and I have never taken any girl out. I have many friends. But still I am single.
    I am an optimistic person and I know whatever happens ahead, I will never lose hope.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know a cute girl who's 21 and has only been on 3 dates. It's just also a bit of luck I guess, but I don't know. Don't worry tho it'll come

0|0
    0|0
  • No need to do anything for getting attention from guys. Princess just stay what u are. Good things take time. Whatever belongs to u comes to u.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you have "resting bitch face"?
    It could be that you are pretty but unknowingly tend to look like you are annoyed, or unhappy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Best thing would be to continue your way. You can't change others.

0|1
    0|0
  • You could be an introvert (a person that prefers to draw energy for 'inside' instead of from your social surroundings). What I would recommend is to do an online personality assessment on yourself. That way you will understand yourself much better. I have done several, and the best one is at 16Personalites. You could be projecting your desperation to be taken out which turning people off.
    Don't force yourself into something that you are not. People will see that. Don't force yourself out of your own shell.
    Good Luck.

PS, I'm an INTJ.

0|0
    0|0
  • Post pictures so we can diagnose. Because it can be many things... guys could be intimidated. Maybe you are good looking but abit boring. We can't know without photos. It doesn't mean anything if you are not asked out, guys i. This age are douche bags, inexperinced, stupid, dumb, idiots... maybe it is good. And I am almost sure you look good but put a photo of you and ypur bodyband we can tell you if there is something you need to work. I ve seen a guy here complaining about how he can't get women. He has fantastic body good looking face he is just limiting himself cause he is only into blondes. That is the problem. So dont be too hard on yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • go on the hunt ask guys out instead of waiting

0|2
    0|0
  • Be patient. You are not late from anything yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutly nothing, keep waiting

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes