How to feel better about being single?

In all honesty, im jealous of couples. I'm 17 and I've never dated anyone. Every guy i like has never liked me back. I am smart, funny and i think im not that bad. Even tho i hang out with my girl friends a lot i still feel lonely and wanting a boyfriend.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop worrying gee only 17 you got a lot yr to date and married don't rush it.
    The reason you feel the way you do is you hang with girlfriend that have boyfriend that why

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yup. I've been a thirdwheel for lifetime😭

• Listen last time I dated was 10 yr ago you got learn like I did it be ok. Remember they have big thing to worry about fight all the time jealous problem. You don't all you worry about is why and that better

Most Helpful Girl

• Aw you'll be fine. Work on yourself firstly and dont envy others relationships as a few times ots just a facade or theyre unhappy. trust me once you start to worm on yourself eg changing your style or starting nee hobbies focusing on other things you'll attract the right people. Im a teen and I thinj Your teenage years are about finding yourself and doing fun things. you'll get in a relationship when you least expect it

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• Maybe date someone who likes you, and you might end up liking them. If not just break up, if u don't end up liking him

0|0
    2|0
    • The worst advice ever

• Show All
    • I understood your point, what I was trying to convey is most girls wouldn't date guys who are a comparable match for them. They don't want them. The standards women set for guys is absurd. Even if there was a guy who fits their bill, at most they expect is a hookup. Female sexuality is psychologically.

• Why can't I turn off this stupid lame ass conversation. I hate those notifications.

• A big thing is life is to learn the ability to love ones self and enjoy being alone. Not like you always want to be a lone. But you enjoy a balance in alone and with peeps.
    Looking for someone, Murphies law will always show and they won't appear, this could be con incidence or trying to hard etc etc. Relax and dont compare your self to those around you. Things will come.

1|0
    0|0
  • Realize that there's so much more that life offers us other than a partner. Realize you've been lied to and that romantic love is a facade. Realize that your happiness doesn't depend upon another person.

1|0
    0|0
  • You are still young the whole life is in front of you

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes its true but im at the age where i need to at least know what it feels like to hold a guy's hand😒

• Yes i know but as soon you stop stressijg over it, and stop thinking about it, you will get one. It always happens like that.

• Not you can't even I can't I struggle every day. I wish I was a player type who could fix girls but I would only do it for 1 girl if it's nothing then I could easily go to the next one. But sadly I am shy a fuck...

0|0
    0|0
  • Feel good about yourself and the right person will find you. Be involved in activities out side your regular routine and you will be likely to meet more people. Art classes, rock climbing, anything

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't sweat it I didn't kiss a girl until I was 27 and still haven't gotten a girlfriend. Yeah it sucks, but it's not the end of the world realize there are many other wonders you can fill your time with.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're 17, you have all the time in the world and you will probably find someone soon.
    But I understand you. I'm so jealous of couples that I even unfollow people on social media if they show their bf/gf...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes see you must be attractive to everone.. okh firsly tr to make frndshp with everyone and also with your girl frnds boyfriend also means they will also know u qre single will let other boys know about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I get that too. You just gotta hold tight, love yourself and meet lots of new people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just don’t rush it , it’s better to be alone than being with the wrong person : ) i think if you keep yourself busy going out with friends it should help : )

0|0
    0|0
  • To feel better just don't care about it do fun things with your girls or ya know find a boy become friends stare into each others eyes do stuff together become close and close then BAM

0|0
    0|0
  • Trust me hun your lucky that you don't have a man holding you down. Bitching all the time I don't know how you ladies do it. πŸ˜‘

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a curse not to have a boyfriend. but it might be painful and make you aloof.
    I can't rate you only by the description given here.
    If you pm me I could be of some help.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're still young enough not to worry about it. I know it doesn't seem like it but when you're 30 you'll laugh about your 17 y. o. self.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ok first off your 17. You haven't even lived yet. But one day a guy is gonna see you and not leave you alone

0|0
    0|0
  • Aww baby wants boyfriend. Lol. Just njoy what u have today. Whatever belongs to you comes to u. Don't run Anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • At your age? I felt insecure and worthless. It all changes for the better as you get older...

0|0
    0|0
  • Well as a woman it's easy. Get a giant teddy bear and sex toy. As a bloke you need a woman

0|0
    0|0
  • I got my first girlfriend at 19 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ so the only thing i can say is wait

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• You're 17, when I was your age I didn't care about relationships and only got into one because I was raped and it made me vulnerable.

I regained my strength and stayed single most of my life, whenever I had a man he forced himself into my life.

You have based your value on having a man, this is because you have no talents, hobbies and future plans, get those and you'll forget the other sex exists.

0|0
    0|0
    • 😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨

• Maybe it's not the right time, sometimes it comes down to that alone.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes