Guys, is it really off putting when a girl is bigger?

I would say that I'm pretty decent girlfriend material, I'm family oriented, have a great career, I'm funny and kind and thoughtful etc. I'm independent and not super needy etc. I'm quite pretty in the face, and look after my appearance. My particularly prominent flaw is that I'm overweight. I'm about 15 stone. I have big boobs that kind of make up for it, but I'm still fat. Is this a deal breaker? I feel as though people probably don't give me a second glance because I'm fat. I know that there are worse things to be than fat, but it doesn't seem as though people think that way when it comes to dating.
  • Being overweight is a deal breaker
    Vote A
  • Being overweight isn't a problem
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a dealbreaker for me.
    I cannot find it within myself to feel attracted to a large girl. A girl deserves a guy who absolutely adores her, and I would not feel adoration for a fat girl.
    I am a small guy, so I shop on the smaller end anyway.
    A fat girl is not compatible with me in any way. I live an active lifestyle, I am very healthy. If I can't bike across the continental divide with her, that's a bummer. She will have health issues, and those medical bills won't be great.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What if the girl is healthy but just fat? As in if she's very active?

• Look, it's POSSIBLE to be fat and healthy, but not likely. If so, it would still be a physical turnoff for me, I would not find myself attracted to her physically.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't worry I feel the same way. If YOU think that it's affecting you then try to make a few changes, walk everyday, cycle etc. However, this is only if YOU want to, do not change yourself and live for others. Im sure there are people out there who will love you just the way you are, but make sure you love yourself first.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you. I do love myself. I work on being healthy but losing weight isn't my priority.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• The thing is that you have to be sexually attracted to your partner. Personality is what makes you stay, but looks are what initially draws you to someone. Having big boobs is nice, but that's not really a good offsetting thing. There are plenty of skinny girls with big boobs too. Guys care more about perkiness than size.

1|1
    0|0
    • I'm not saying big boobs is the be all and end all, just that my figure is quite proportional and a lot of my weight is in my boobs. I agree perkiness is more important than size.

• Show All
    • Sure I don't know how to send a pic on here though?

• Just do it through the direct messenger

• You know the answer. But let me put it this way. There's plenty of girls that work their ass off in the gym and have no career. Ask yourself honestly, are you happier than them?

You have been lied to. You are not a man, and male "achievements" won't make you a catch and won't make you fulfilled.

1|1
    0|0
    • Yes I think I am happier than them. I do incredible work and I'm massively proud of what I do and what I've achieved. I affect people's lives for the better and, yes this does genuinely effect my weight, but I'd rather be fat and make the positive impact on the world that I do than by skinny and not. Male achievements? What do you mean?

• Show All
    • Sorry, no, I do take that back, women may well be working on their body for their own enjoyment and self improvement. And it's interesting how you say attractive women when we are talking about gym goers. Ye it's evolved, and I think we're evolving past it.

• Men do it too, and yes, being fit to be valued as a mate is prescriptive. In olden times you slayed Muslims for God, now you slay iron

• There are plenty of us who are attracted to bigger women and like them very much (they often aren't interested in us skinny guys just because we're skinny!), and given you have many good qualities, I think you will find someone who appreciates you just the way you are.

2|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't date someone who was skinny with a sexy body, but treated me like shit either. It isn't all about the personality, and isn't all about the body either. Being mentally and spiritually attracted is just as important to being physically attracted too. Both elements need to be there.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm just going to be honest but when I see a big girl I just have no interest. It's like I'm automatically indifferent towards them.

1|1
    0|0
    • Thank you for your honesty, this is what I was wondering about. Some people don't seem to mind and sometimes even prefer bigger, but some people have no interest or are even disgusted.

• I wish I wasn't hard wired like that because I'm sure they have a lot to give to a relationship. But I have tried to like people that I didn't like and it just made me unhappy I can't force my own attraction.

It sucks. Tbh if you could make yourself attracted to anyone that would be amazing and super useful.

• I agree, if you could choose your attraction that would be awesome.

• Totally out of the question. Extremely unattractive and unhealthy. Unpopular opinion.

1|1
    1|0
    • I appreciate your opinion.

• not a deal breaker at all. i mean there is a point. say a chick was morbidly obese and needed constant help, then no, i can't handle the responsibility. but if she's chubby, fat, whatever, that factor alone doesn't matter

2|0
    0|0
  • Hell with those who think that fat girls don't deserve anything. Lol Beauty Fades Away Heart Stay Beautiful. Stay Beautiful from heart 😘

1|0
    0|0
    • Aw I love this πŸ’–

• Show All
    • You need to follow me back first 😊

• I did than also I can't lol.

• Being overweight isn't a problem. Although being "independent and not super needy" is a red flag that would chase me away...

0|1
    0|0
    • Whys that?

• Show All
    • Just because someone doesn't need you, doesn't mean they don't appreciate you. You can make someone's life better without them needing you. And if you make someone's life better of course they'll make an effort. Lol corporate women tend to be particularly well kempt. But I didn't mean corporate women, I meant strong women as a whole. You know, grown ass women who have their shit together and conduct themselves with confidence.

• Maybe so, but I'm not interested. If she doesn't need me for some reason than it won't last. But, of course, I'd hope that she has her shit together!

• i give fat girls a chance on dating sites because i know weight can be lost.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends what you think is fat if you wear l or xl or xxxxxl that could be fat if you wear m or l you could be perfect. Thick is the best a man can get!

1|0
    0|0
  • Isn't a deal breaker for me, I got rejected by a girl who was a little bit overweight. Some people don't like skinny girls

1|0
    0|0
  • For me it isn't a deal breaker if they aren't unhealthy or if they have an interesting personality and lots of chemistry.

1|0
    0|0
  • "bigger"is such an inaccurate description xD there's always that point where it is just too much and that point varies depending on how the fat is distributed XD

0|0
    0|0
    • I can't open up your message for some reason but I specified that I'm 15 stone.

• Show All
    • well there are ways and if i liked a girl, we would find those ways together :P

• however there are loads of guys that are really into it anyway :D

• See i know its being overwieght is how see jst try for gym not gym then try for regular walks and a soft diet you'll earn everything after you will do this your boobs will decrease and you too

0|0
    0|0
    • I work crazy hours so can't get into a routine with exercise. I go to the gym semi regularly and try to be careful with what I eat. I have good days and bad days with it. I do what I can to help my weight but it isn't my priority. I'm just wondering how guys feel about it.

• Show All
    • It's not about him, I'm just wondering what the general consensus is

• Nothing girl its ok in what you are deat

• The vig boobs are great, but you need to have good curves and vody shape. It is ok if you are overweight but fat is not ok

0|0
    0|0
    • Whats the difference? Why is overweight okay and fat isn't?

• Show All
    • It is important sorry. But you shouldn't be concerned. Nothing will kill all your hard work faster then stress even for guys they won't build muscle or sstrength eithbelevated stress.. so just be happy with ypu knownwhile doing thibgs right. And fuck men they are douche bags youbeill get a guy whonis mature and not shallow

• Haha thank you 😊

• Being overweight is a deal breaker

0|1
    0|0
  • I won't date.

1|1
    0|0
  • Can we go on a date?
    πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

0|0
    0|0
    • Erm, I don't date cartoon children πŸ˜‚

• Show All
    • Haha thank you but I'm not upset. It was just a general question out of curiosity.

• Lol I have replied her with my name otherwise I always go anonymously. I really wanted to cheer you up.

• I don't even know what 15 stones mean πŸ™ˆ.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 3

Recommended myTakes