How to online date?

How to online date?
I have never done this before, never dated and thinking about giving online dating a chance sometime later when the studies are easing up or on standby.

04

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Avoid selfies and get professional pictures taken. A full body pic, a good pic of your face with your eyes visible (no sunglasses!), a pic in a social situation, a pic of you doing an activity, and maybe a pic in formal attire (wedding, suit, etc.)

2. No need to get overly creative with the profile summary. Just go over your interests, your profession, your goals, personality type (Myers-Briggs), what you are be looking for in a woman, and some cool facts about you. Some facts about yourself that a woman can latch onto and use as a conversation starter or to get a glimpse into who you are. Don't give away too much info though... same some mystery for the date (s).

3. Don't answer too many of those questionnaires on the site. Once again, stay a bit mysterious.

4. Always read women's profiles first before messaging. Don't shotgun prewritten messages to a bunch of hotties and expect some to answer. Pick one or two on each site a day and write up a message that comments or asks a question about her based on her profile content. Don't start with "hello" or "how are you doing?". Go straight into an observation and/or question.

5. After a few back and forth messages, give her your phone # and tell her that DMs are easier than using the site. This way when you text her you will get her attention faster and stand out. If she texts you, you know she has some level of interest.

6. Always suggest a planned date after one or two direct texts. It shows interest. If she turns you down because it is too fast for her, back off and let her chase you a bit. Let her get comfortable with you and then try again later.

7. Never EVER show frustration to women. We all know dating and by extension online dating is a challenge (struggle), but positive vibes go a long way regardless of how awkward or rude things get.

8. Give a complement via DM or text but only if it is geniune and not based on looks. Stay away from sexual comments or innuendos, at least until after a few dates and you get a feel for her tolerance level and flirting rapport.

9. Don't ghost! You will have some women do this to you, but you are better than that. We men must lead by example. Be kind and respectful, but honest, assertive, and appreciative.

10. Never be intimidated by a woman's status. She is only showing you her best side. She has flaws and insecurities too. Besides, dating is about discovery and we all need the practice.

11. Keep first dates simple. Coffee, cocktails, or brunch.