Did I do something to freak this guy out?

So been dating this guy that I'd met online for about a month and a half now. We first met up for drinks, second date lasted 8 hours and we ended up making out pretty hot and heavy, but I wasn't ready for sex yet and he was respectful of that. All our subsequent dates went very well, each lasting 7+ hours with him being the perfect gentleman. He paid for me (insisted on it), opened my car door, didn't try to further things physically, etc. Well Friday night (date 6) we went out again (this time I insisted on paying - I figured it was only fair since he'd paid for the last 5 dates. He was reluctant but agreed.) After, he ended up coming upstairs. We watched some shows and made out until 3am. He was super tired and ready to leave. I offered to let him stay if he was too tired to drive. With the mindset that a) I didn't want him to crash and b) if things led to sex I was feeling ready for it by that time because I now liked him a lot. But he said he was ok to drive and suggested we go out again Sunday. Well... Sunday is here and not a peep. Did I do something to scare him away? Move too fast? Freak him out? I only sent one text yesterday to attempt to confirm plans for today and... nothing. I don't get it. He seemed to really like me and we have a lot of fun together :(

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Your problem lies in not knowing his feelings and likely he has the same. If you feel this way, tell him.

There is no cut and dry answer for your question. Everyone will react in a different way for different reasons.

Since you already sent him something, be patient for a bit and try again.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for your response!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Don't panic. Some times things happen it could be that he forgot because he was busy with something else, maybe he meant next Sunday or maybe he got home and passed out. We have a strong tendency to assume the worse when usually its something benign. I would say text him, if you call him normally then do that. Again, don't panic it is probably nothing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't panic other things might have got in the way, or he's taking a min to think about if he's ready for what he sees as a new step a relationship (us men can be a bit slow that way).
    Either way I'm sure it's not the last you will hear from him.

1|0
    0|0
    • Hopefully you're right and I'm panicking for nothing, because I definitely want to see him again. Thanks for your response!

• Fingers crossed for you, it doesn't sound like anything has gone wrong

• Send him a bright flashing light as a signal. You ever see how they use lights to land that plane in Die Hard? Thats the strength of the signal you need to send.

1|0
    0|0
  • You went on 5 dates before you thought it was fair to pay for him? Da fuck girl

0|0
    0|0
    • I offered to pay on EVERY date and got turned down EVERY time. The last time I had to literally grab the check from the waiter before he could.

• You must've missed the "he insisted on it" part

• Everytime I protested he just kept saying "I'm traditional"

• Damn he was so close and didn't even know it, what a shame.

0|0
    0|0
    • Apparently my clues throughout the night were all too subtle 😂

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes