Why am I scared of guys?

My mom always says, 'never trust a GUY...

325

Most Helpful Guy

• Eh... just don’t be quick to trust. Look at what people DO not what they say. And never go anywhere alone with strangers.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be a lesbian
    Trust me it’s much more enjoyable

And sexy is tons better

What Guys Said 24

• I'd say upbringing if your mum has always given a never trust a guy vibe then that has at some subconscious level stuck in your mind.
    I'm not saying suddenly you need to trust all guys you just want to make sure you really know someone before you truly trust them.

• That's why... right there your mom's taught you to fear men.

Probably taught you sexuality is bad and that your vagina is ugly.

Parents and their shitty lessons.

If I were you I'd try to retrain myself out of that fear of men. We're not bad.

• Probably your mom had a terrible experience with someone. But that's not make every guy bad.
    Good guys can be found everywhere. You just need to find them. You can identify a good guy with his work and words.

• Well, you grew up listening to your mom saying this, I'm not surprised that you're scared.

• Guys will use you... It's all about finding a guy who loves you enough to stay.

• Maybe what she means is dont trust guys straight away. Let them prove that they deserve you're trust and that they're willing to put some time and effort into a relationship.

• I say, never trust anyone. Never open with anyone unless, you trust him/her.
    And, think of the worst scenario and, test that person.

• That's a harsh generalization. Thinking like that gets no one anywhere in life.
    Anyways, maybe because you haven't dated one before.

• i would say never trust anyone (anyone means any) except urself.

cuz u can't see what that other person is thinking

• "I think u like hot guys"... so why would she message you then? Simmer down there bud

• Show more from Guys
    14

What Girls Said 2

• Your mom's a bitch.

• because most of them are super fucking shady and your mom sounds smart