Are there any realistic options besides online dating?

I have been divorced from my wife for three years and have been slowly entering the dating scene again. Obviously dating in your 40s is way different than dating in your 20s for several reasons. I find myself using online dating as my primary source of dates and it is a difficult scene to navigate. Are the traditional "organic" ways of meeting women nonexistent now?
For context, I am not a serial dater, or the hookup type.

11

Most Helpful Girl

• The best one is real life. That is how I met my guy, and I was not even looking. Neither was he, really. Fate just put us together.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not sure, maybe just in every day life?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Of course that's always an option, however the opportunities aren't very plentiful. (ie most parties I attend are adult couples BBQ type deals with no single women, I don't go to nightclubs any more.)

• Yeah, I guess if you throw enough at the wall something has to stick!