Are there any realistic options besides online dating?

I have been divorced from my wife for three years and have been slowly entering the dating scene again. Obviously dating in your 40s is way different than dating in your 20s for several reasons. I find myself using online dating as my primary source of dates and it is a difficult scene to navigate. Are the traditional "organic" ways of meeting women nonexistent now?
For context, I am not a serial dater, or the hookup type.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The best one is real life. That is how I met my guy, and I was not even looking. Neither was he, really. Fate just put us together.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not sure, maybe just in every day life?

0|0
    0|0
    • Of course that's always an option, however the opportunities aren't very plentiful. (ie most parties I attend are adult couples BBQ type deals with no single women, I don't go to nightclubs any more.)

• Show All
    • Yeah, I guess if you throw enough at the wall something has to stick!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I have been single since 2015. I started with the on-line dating, but like yourself I found that people seem to hide their true identity. So, then In 2017, I decided to volunteer at a place where I would meet people with the same interests as myself. I went out of my comfort zone, and took a huge leap of faith, and I've never looked back. I've recently met someone through my volunteering, and I couldn't be happier. Cheers ✌🇨🇦

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• I meet people shopping, at the fair, just going about the day. If you get out of the house and just live it tends to happen naturally.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes