Can guys say mean things they don’t mean when they’re wasted?

My boyfriend overheard me talking to another guy friend last night and we were joking about going to this late night gay club. He said to me “I just over heard you conversation and I think that’s disgusting. I don’t want to talk to you anymore”. I said it was a joke numerous times and we were NOT going to any clubs. He just kept saying that’s disgusting. My boyfriend was really drunk and had been drinking all day. He was not himself. I said can we talk and he said no. I have nothing to say to you. I want nothing to do with you. I went outside and he poked his head out and then texted me. I never want to talk to you again. I tried to go inside and talk to him and he wouldn’t talk. I haven’t heard from him today and I’m so hurt. I don’t know what I did wrong or if he was just jealous/drunk. I don’t know what to do and I feel helpless. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Is it really over or was he just wasted?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Drunk words are sober thoughts. People have no restraint when they're drunk.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the issue is NOT where you were joking (?) about going, but that you said it to another guy, when your boyfriend was not supposed to hear, or was not directly included in the convesation. He may have been drunk, but there is nothing like hearing the tail end of a conversation, that in a certain situation could be construed as almost arranging to cheat, to make someone sober up.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE