What do you guys think of dating an Indian woman?

I signed up on a dating app and the guys either stopped replying to me once I told I was Indian or didn't believe I was Indian or those were my pics. I also came across racist stereotypes like Indian women are dark skinned, have ugly noses, are hairy, stinky, obese etc. It made me feel bad as if only a particular ethnicity can have those traits. Now I feel that no matter how good, beautiful, intelligent etc a non-white person is she/he will always be treated inferiorly to an average white person.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't waste your time on losers.
    You are a unique gift to someone. If you're not treated as such, move on.
    Your value never, ever, depends on what someone else thinks about you.

2|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• They're stupid and ignorant. I'm fucking stunning and I'm Indian so don't let anyone tell you shit. They make fun of our hair and hairiness but they also use our hair to make wigs worldwide so there's that. So fuck what they think and find yourself a dude that celebrates who you are.

2|0
    0|0
    • Indian and Proud huh? There's nothing proud in it

• Show All
    • Exactly! You nailed it!

• American Born Confused Desi LOL
      I'm not though

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• I'm surprised to hear this since where I come from Indian women are considered exotic and attractive by both White and black guys (it's also considered hard to get Indian women to date you unless they're Christian).

2|0
    0|0
  • I am a white guy, who has been to India even, and I have found that Indian women are extremely difficult to date. There seems to be a huge cultural divide, perhaps only matched by Arabs.

If I am standing in line at the store in the Philippines, women will ask if I am single and then suggest she introduce me to their daughters. If I am walking down the sidewalk in Indonesia, girls will literally run up to me and start asking me questions, letting me know in no uncertain terms they want me to ask them out. If I am sitting at an airport, Malaysian women will invite me to visit them at their home in KL. These are all true stories and I can come up with a lot more of many ethnicities (including white Americans of course).

But Indian women look away and scurry off if I even smile at them. The only one who didn't was a professional associate, a software manager from Bangalore who worked for a US company. She was single and literally asked if she could go back to my hotel room with me, but she was overweight and overage. Just my luck, that the only available Indian woman I ever got into a conversation wasn't my type at all.

On the other hand, I have had many male Indian friends over the years and we have always got along great. I don't know why it is so hard with Indian women.

PM me if you like. I would be happy to consider it.

1|2
    0|0
    • But I do smile and would love to date one.

• I can't believe you have come across that type of women.

• If you were a white man, it wouldn't be so hard to believe.

You can still PM me.

• Lots of Indian women are absolutely fantastic.
    However, I have come across women from India who came to the US and there was a distinct odor... It is common for Indians immigrants to overdo it with the curry from an American perspective.

2|0
    0|1
    • I don't smell like curry so I don't agree with this generalization.

• Show All
    • It's amazing what the right hair and makeup can do...
      i.ytimg.com/vi/L0nb9GsS2Ts/maxresdefault.jpg

Right @ImATragedyNow?

• "Still if someone bathes daily and is clean, they shouldn't smell."

Absolutely, and I agree and that was the difference. Many of those I am talking about did not bathe every day.

I knew Indian couples who smelled no different than anyone else really.

• Bollocks! Or at least, it should be! I am afraid, that the stereotypic portrait you are painting are more and more common, and that people to a higher extend actually do have a lot of prejudices against people or ethnicities, mainly because they donΒ΄t know the first thing about them!

1|0
    0|0
    • So that means my ethnicity is a turn off?

• I think some people may see it that way! I also think, that many people -men in particular - are afraid -uncertain anyway - when it comes to things, people, anything really that is very different from what they know and are used to !
      I am personally drawn to the "different", new and exciting- I like to expand my horisont, meet new people, learn new things and cultures.

• Doesn't matter if they're black white Caribbean Indian as long as it's the right person and I mean love then it really doesn't matter

2|0
    0|0
    • That is how I think too but I had a bad experience just because of my ethinicity. Not that they didn't like me. Just my being Indian put some of them off.

• Show All
    • Personally as long as I find him attractive and they have a great personality that is all that matters

• I totally agree that a person's upbringing could shape their preferences, condition them to believe in certain things that are not true.

• Its 2017 and yet racism exist but i guess you are generalizing it. I know many guys who would wanna date an indian or an African for matter of fact. there are many factors that a guys looks for before jumping into the ship so you need not worry and you are no less than anyone on the planet.

1|2
    0|0
  • If they don't like you because you're Indian then don't worry, slowly and surely the xenophobic master race will be eliminated. In all seriousness, it depends on your character.

2|1
    0|0
  • I will never date someone from India their facial features make them look ugly.

0|1
    3|0
    • Your last opinion shows how you went down on an ugly non-indian. And Indian girls have beautiful faces. I NEVER got that comment from any guy that my face is ugly but I can already imagine that you are.

• Show All
    • You are proof that non-indian women can be strangely ugly and still YOU would lick their junk. You are not even satisfied with your own girl. You are in a relationship and answering a question about dating. Clearly shows she is ugly and you are not satisfied. Hahaha

• 😒😒😒
      I have no intention of hurting you in any way. But your words about my girl makes me sad...😿

• Not my type... have yet to find an attractive one here in houston

0|1
    1|0
    • Why?

• Show All
    • she's quietened down now she's realised she couldn't win and could never win.

• Hahaha lol true?

• Lol, thats awesome.

If some people do something wrong whole community is wrong xD

Hats off to u

0|0
    1|0
    • Are you saying it's awesome that Indians are discriminated against?

• Lol hell no

That was sarcasm

Also I am saying if some people rejects u it doesn't mean everyone will

• I think all women of different backgrounds can be sexy to me.

2|0
    0|0
  • Indian girls are beautiful. I would give anything to date a Indian girl.

2|0
    0|0
  • Screw them, love a guy who loves you for what you are.

2|0
    0|0
  • Indian woman are hot.

2|0
    0|0
  • Indian women are not easy to approach I'm afraid

1|0
    0|0
    • How?

• Show All
    • I got no clue what you're talking about

• Google it lol

• They are pretty hard to get.

0|0
    0|1
    • Who exactly?

• Show All
    • Don't worry, I have blocked them so, they wouldn't be commenting there.
      If, they are reading this,
      No, I'm being quite respectful.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
      And, I like to push back.😎😎
      One day, I'll rib that superiority complex out of your faces.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

• Just block them, don't waste your time.

• I would. Would u date a Latino

2|0
    0|0
  • I'd date you

2|0
    0|1
  • Tis white manz world.

1|0
    1|0
    • May be. I have also noticed how white girls can have all the above listed traits and still find dates. Colored women have to be absolutely perfect and still get trolled.

• Show All
    • And we can see how all trollers here are non-white

• Maybe this is how it is with the Indian race. Not necessarily with the other races. Every race is experiencing something a little different.

• hey if u are really indian, please message me on here
    i love indian women!! u are so hot and sexy
    :)

2|0
    0|0
    • u there baby?:)

• i love indian women, lets meet :))

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• I work at a Country Club, and I see a vast majority of the Indian ethnicity. They're very beautiful in my eyes. You date who you wanna date! Don't let us decide for you, lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • I kinda feel like that too and I don't take white guys very seriously because I got the feeling I was someone for them to try but they wouldn't marry they would always go back to white girls?

no help for your question lol just wanted to share that I get what you're saying

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank god you got my point.

• I wish I knew why.. I would say they aren't attracted but obviously some are otherwise they wouldn't try to be with you so I don't know

• I was thinking it could be cultural differences but some guys here made me realize it could be deeply ingrained racism.

Recommended myTakes