Should I ditch him or guide him?

The guy I'm dating has some self esteem issues. He's been cheated on 3 times straight and been bullied when he was younger. He looks good, is intelligent and and funny. But. He thinks so little of himself. He doesn't appreciate himself and thinks that people sees him the way he sees himself (annoying, weird, etc, you name it) Now. Should I help him with his struggles (I know how to deal with this since I went through it too. Friends of mine also become a better person thanks to my "advice" I give out) or should I move on and find someone who already has confidence. It can be pretty tiring dealing with a super emotional guy who overthinks and expects the worst.
  • Help him
  • Ditch him

230

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he does have some good qualities and you have a interesting perspective on what he's facing, so I think you should help him, but I think you should tell him that he also needs to get therapy so that the entire task doesn't fall on you, which is frustrating. Also make sure that you don't feel unappreciated in the relationship (this could be a big problem, and is hard to deal with for a long period of time). You should also re-evaluate perdiodically as to whether you want to continue.

Most Helpful Girl

• Help him.