Boyfriend is being abused but I don't know what to do?

So my boyfriend is currently being abused my his mom like to the point were there are bruises and scars visible. He can't move out or drive. I don't know what to do to help him. It's all that's been going through my mind all day I really wanna help or at least do something. I tried taking him out of the house more but his mom's been saying no less often.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell a school counselor. They can report it and maybe get better results with the police than you did. The school counselors are mandatory reporters which means they are required by law to report abuse that they even suspect.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i've been abused in the past. I know what it feels like to be on the other end of what you are dealing with.
    It depends on the person but if he really doesn't want you to butt in then be prepared to lose your relationship with him if you call the police. If its worth it.
    Personally, i preferred to be abused but pretend to live a normal life than to call 911 and have all this shit happen and have my life be over. My abuse was a bit different, as it was more like a 'we do this because we care about you, thats why we hit you'
    But if its horrible for him then please tell an adult. you're very young. be safe

1|0
    0|0
    • Tags what they do to him every time she hits him she says it's because I love you

• Show All
    • Ik I just don't want him taken away from me

• But ik it's to protect him

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• tell a social worker or counselor at school. show them the bruises and the scars. tell them you want himont of that house and they will talk to the cops and handle it. also have him stay at your house tomorrow after you go and tell the social worker that too so that they can tell the cops where he is. id also tell the school to call your house when the police are finished at his and tell you exactly what happened

0|1
    0|0
    • We don't go to the same school he's homeschooled and my parents won't let him in my house bc they think were gonna smash even though we haven't kisses

• okay well still take pictures and take them to a social worker at your school and ask them to take care of it. give them his name address and let them know that his mom has lied to the police so they can warn them what she will say. also if he can get out of the house you two should go to a public place like a mcdonalds or target or something and still tell the social worker you'll be there and give them your cell phone number.

• He can't drive? If you can, perhaps you could help him learn how to so that it would be easier for him to gain his independence when an opportunity arises.

Basically if you can't help him not get abused try to figure out ways to help him get independence when he can.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's probably not true that he can't move out, but he needs a place to go. Can he move in with you? His mother will probably allow this, because if she doesn't then all the shit will come out. She's already liable for criminal prosecution. If your family can't take him in then you should call the appropriate government agency. In most US states this is called Child Protective Services.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm, I have no idea... When I got in shit I sure as hell had bruises and scars. I got hit with (cue the long list) slapped, bit, whipped, pots, pans, wooden spoon, fly swatter, pushed through a window, kicked, smacked and cut. Seems to me someone got in trouble. Not going to say it's alright. But I turned out fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Call the cops because that isn’t a form of “punishment” that’s straight up physical abuse that woman doesn’t deserve kids if she’s just going to beat them

1|1
    0|0
  • Call the police. Get her ass fried. Your kid boyfriend doesn't deserve that. Better to end it before he suffers psychologically

1|0
    0|0
  • Involve your parents!
    You're a minor, so that's where I think you should start. They'll know better how to help.

If they can't or won't help, contact CPS. Nobody deserves to be treated that way!

It's hard involving other people, but I promise it'll be so much easier for you if you do!!!

Tell me if there's anything I can do, any other worries or questions, even if you just need to call for a vent sesh.

You're never alone! Talk to people!

And, pray for comfort. God will never abandon you, He is simply waiting for you to ask so He can hug you and guide you!

1|1
    0|0
  • Well you're a bit young to be trying to handle these sorts of situations. Perhaps talk to an adult about the matter.

1|0
    0|0
  • You are only 14. please think about your studies rather than your boy friend

0|0
    1|0
  • Tell your parents that your concerned for his life. And ask for their help.

0|0
    0|0
  • No Idea good luck

0|0
    1|0
  • You call the police

0|0
    0|0
  • If he's under 18 call child services or something

0|0
    0|0
  • Did you tell your parents about it?

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell the police please

0|1
    0|0
  • call the police

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey message me

0|0
    0|0
  • you should report this to a teacher

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell the police that he's being abused. Help him out.

0|0
    0|0
    • We've tried

• Show All
    • Thanks again I will fr text u when we run away

• Good

What Girls Said 3

• The romantic option would be to whisk him away once y'all finish highschool. Take a van, leave the city, all that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Try to get him to have a heart to heart conversation with his mom probably she was abused as a child or something. If he isn't at the age to move out well he can't.

1|0
    0|0
  • Report to DCF or a superior at school

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes