Why do girls think we're intimidated by their success and intelligence?

No, we're not. Intelligence and success is always seen as a plus in regards to dating value. Logic tells me that it would not hinder you in dating at all, considering that you don't exceed several standard deviations above average in IQ. At that point, you would experience a lot of trouble in relationships and just communication with others in general.

You're most likely unattractive to men for reasons other than your intelligence and success for the fact that intelligence and success is a desirable trait. This is just a way for you to cope. Self-proclaimed intelligence and success in the context of you attempting to create this false pretense illusion of superiority is unattractive... If you want to correct the issue, then straying away from delusion would be your best solution. That way, you can identify the real issue and not turn people against you by attempting to make them feel inferior to you.

This is just delusion at its finest. You are by no means above men that don't actively pursue you or reject you. They don't pursue you because they don't find you attractive. It has nothing to do with your intelligence or success. Accept that and get the fuck over yourself ladies. You're not that scary.
  • I agree
    Vote A
  • I disagree
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You know what, if you are unintimidated by a woman's success and power, that's great, but it doesn't mean all men are like that. A lot of them aren't. In fact, the other day, I submitted an opinion on a question, from a man, titled, "How to deal with your girlfriend making more money than you?" So, clearly, not all men are comfortable with it. For a long time, women were put down, and not allowed to be successful, and not acknowledged for their intelligence. So there emerged an ideal that in a relationship a man should be smarter and more successful than a woman. That's finally begun to change, but a lot of men still equate their masculinity and confidence with those ideals, and it's a hard thing for a lot of people to let go of.

1|1
    0|0
    • Well, I'm sure certain people have an inferiority complex, but they are of the minority. If his girlfriend was making a significant more amount of money then him, then that would raise issues for the fact that they have different limitations and lifestyles. It would be the same if the guy earned a significant more amount of money as well.

• Well...
      A: The guy in the question i cited didn't claim to have an issue with lifestyle disparity or different limitations, his issue was that it made him feel like, "less of a man." His problem with it was directly linked to gender and there are a lot of people who have that same mentality.
      B: Did you even read the rest of my answer after the example I gave? I feel I explained the reasoning pretty well.

• You make a fair point, but I think everything is circumstantial and I think men who are actually intimidated are definitely of the minority.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, intelligence and success doesn’t intimidate me to the slightest. It’s not something that attracts me or most men either, as intelligence and success are more attractive qualities for a MAN to have rather than a woman. Men don’t care about those qualities in women as long as the women pass a certain threshold, whereas women actually DO care about those qualities in a long term pattern a lot more.

Also, the book you sent arrived but I’ve been slightly busy and lazy so I couldn’t make it to the UPS store. I’ll get it this week.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe they WISH men were more intimidated by their success and intelligence than only look, and they lie to themselves guys actually do that
    But honestly most girls rely more on their look

1|3
    0|0
  • In my case, I'm always quick to put the blame in myself for one reason or another and it is other people telling me that I intimidate guys because I'm very outgoing. I usually laugh and ignore it. I'm not some drop dead skinny winny girl who is shy and submissive and super duper sweet to every single person (I'm not a bitch, lol, im just describing friends I know who can't keep guys off of them even when it's not wanted). I think it is definitely true for some guys, but that being said, if that's the issue for someone, then I probably don't want to date them! I'd want to meet someone who had the balls to walk up to me and ask me out in person. That would be someone I would respect and would probably agree to go out with depending on their personality! But hey, everyone is different.

0|3
    0|0
  • This is a great post. That's all I'd like to say 😊 Have a good day!

0|1
    0|0
  • If it about dating being smart is a bonus since it leads to better flirtation and better understanding to the other person what they want and how to get it and have deep conversation and brain orgazms.

but if its at work or at school they get intimidated by smart girls and they actually hate them they would see as a competition. I agree even if its a guy some pple get too competitive but if its a girl it's even worse back in high school there was this guy who hated me and another girl bc we used to solve stuff in math class we had this group who solve international tournament we practiced on Friday when I open my mouth he stares with hate but when its a guy he doesn't look pissed and I recall once I heard him talk to his friends and say here she goes again with her bs
    I thought maybe its me. maybe he hates just me but what about the other girl he doesn't like her either so its more about girls
    I'm sure not all men r like that but guys do get intimitated

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are like that. And they think that giys are the same too.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm sick and tired of seeing women on here ask questions like..

'Why are men afraid of a successful woman?'
    'Does my intelligence intimidate men?'
    And various other rewords of the same type of question.

You probably should have made this a MyTake rather than a question because you've pretty much explained it all, and explained it very well might I add.

1|4
    0|0
  • I feel like they gas themselves up and then when they get rejected it's like, "I was too smart or successful."

0|2
    0|0
  • it's just a way for them to deflect their inadequacies... most often women that say that are just women that have a hard time controlling their personality and tend to overwhelm others with it...

Almost the same way black girls say white guys don't like them because they are strong and independent lol
    or how a fat girl says she's curvy...

just deflecting man...

0|1
    0|0
  • Basically it’s usually a socially awkward, possibly sociopathic girl who is quite capable academically but is seeking excuses as to why guys don’t go within 10ft of her.

You got it spot on, It’s not the smarts it’s the lack of social skills.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because it's a comfortable rationalization based around their own perception of what they find attractive.

It's not me it's them.
    And.
    I like X, why don't they like X.

Thrush (harsh truth) is status doesn't matter for men. And quite often status is the main thing for women.

0|1
    0|0
  • I agree I assume they're either ugly as hell or socially inept, probably both or something else is wrong with her. I usually wonder if they're lying about how successful and intelligent they are. If two girls are equal in a lot of ways but one of them is more successful and intelligent then I would personally choose the one who's more successful and intelligent.

0|1
    0|0
  • the other day some dumb feminist asked if men are scared of intelligent women and then when us men said no she said that the male answers were full of crap. your take on this brilliantly destroys her.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, this was actually my response to her question but she never responded lol.

• From what I've seen, the bigger obstacle for successful women is that they want men that are as much or more successful than they are. That goes by whichever definition of "success" you go by. Rags to riches or trust fund baby accounts, and anything in between.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think a lot of girls who are insufferably arrogant use that as an excuse for why no guy will stay with them.

0|1
    0|0
  • What's the definition of intelligent and successful in this case? lol... by their standards or otherwise?

Also, i've never heard a girl imply that, but apparently it happens here? Sad!

0|0
    0|0
  • looks and intelligence dont even add much to a girls sexual value

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree. Women can't stand to critique themselves, they're too narcissistic.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree, girls are just insecure and shallow

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it comes down to pretense. Putting aside any rationalizations used to preserve the ego, we can still argue that the sense of superiority spills out into overt behaviour at some point and that's what's causing such women to get burned.

0|1
    0|0
  • The ones who think we are intimidated by their intelligence , are the ones who have bad personalities but use that as an excuse as to why they can't get a boyfriend. Its like the women's version of the " nice guy"

2|5
    0|0

Recommended myTakes