Why do girls think we're intimidated by their success and intelligence?

No, we're not. Intelligence and success is always seen as a plus in regards to dating value. Logic tells me that it would not hinder you in dating at all, considering that you don't exceed several standard deviations above average in IQ. At that point, you would experience a lot of trouble in relationships and just communication with others in general.

You're most likely unattractive to men for reasons other than your intelligence and success for the fact that intelligence and success is a desirable trait. This is just a way for you to cope. Self-proclaimed intelligence and success in the context of you attempting to create this false pretense illusion of superiority is unattractive... If you want to correct the issue, then straying away from delusion would be your best solution. That way, you can identify the real issue and not turn people against you by attempting to make them feel inferior to you.

This is just delusion at its finest. You are by no means above men that don't actively pursue you or reject you. They don't pursue you because they don't find you attractive. It has nothing to do with your intelligence or success. Accept that and get the fuck over yourself ladies. You're not that scary.
  • I agree
  • I disagree
  • Other
    Vote C

616

Most Helpful Girl

• You know what, if you are unintimidated by a woman's success and power, that's great, but it doesn't mean all men are like that. A lot of them aren't. In fact, the other day, I submitted an opinion on a question, from a man, titled, "How to deal with your girlfriend making more money than you?" So, clearly, not all men are comfortable with it. For a long time, women were put down, and not allowed to be successful, and not acknowledged for their intelligence. So there emerged an ideal that in a relationship a man should be smarter and more successful than a woman. That's finally begun to change, but a lot of men still equate their masculinity and confidence with those ideals, and it's a hard thing for a lot of people to let go of.

• Well, I'm sure certain people have an inferiority complex, but they are of the minority. If his girlfriend was making a significant more amount of money then him, then that would raise issues for the fact that they have different limitations and lifestyles. It would be the same if the guy earned a significant more amount of money as well.

• Well...
      A: The guy in the question i cited didn't claim to have an issue with lifestyle disparity or different limitations, his issue was that it made him feel like, "less of a man." His problem with it was directly linked to gender and there are a lot of people who have that same mentality.
      B: Did you even read the rest of my answer after the example I gave? I feel I explained the reasoning pretty well.

• You make a fair point, but I think everything is circumstantial and I think men who are actually intimidated are definitely of the minority.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, intelligence and success doesn’t intimidate me to the slightest. It’s not something that attracts me or most men either, as intelligence and success are more attractive qualities for a MAN to have rather than a woman. Men don’t care about those qualities in women as long as the women pass a certain threshold, whereas women actually DO care about those qualities in a long term pattern a lot more.

Also, the book you sent arrived but I’ve been slightly busy and lazy so I couldn’t make it to the UPS store. I’ll get it this week.