Really confused as to why he'd say this...(I realize you can't read minds), but what could he mean by this?

Went out with him a few times, he was really responsive and things seemed to be going well. All of a sudden he became less responsive, but not like uninterested (if that makes sense), it's just meeting up was becoming difficult. I tried a last ditch attempt and said I enjoyed getting to know/meet him and told him I just wanted to end on good terms in my goodbye message (my last words to him). He told me (his last words to me) that I didn't do anything wrong and that he didn't think he could do any of this with anyone right now because he had a lot going on in his personal life at the moment. Then he apologized saying sorry he probably "came off as a dick for not responding". If your purpose is to ignore or fade someone why would you say such a thing? I was confused why he stopped responding, but now it's just worse, I'd rather be ghosted.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he lost interest, and felt sorry for not saying it earlier, and leaving you in the cold.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• You obviously took the pressure off by ending it, and he then felt like he could explain himself. He couldn't say this before hand as he would have had to break it off himself first which he clearly didn't have the strength to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • He might've only felt bad about it since you've brought it up, I've had guys do shitty stuff like that, and if they're not really a great guy they don't apologize until I say it upset me

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes