Do men think that they're "got" us once we kiss them?

I went on a date with a guy the other day. He seems to be the type that gets a lot of women tends to get his way because of his reputation (he's a semi-famous musician). He's a real charmer though, so I can see right through his compliments and flattery. I did not melt at his feet when he tried to flatter me, didn't melt when he tried to impress me by bragging about his career and success. I remained grounded.
We ended up kissing at the end of the date (making out even).

However, I don't want him to think that he's got me just because I kissed him. I want him to try and earn me instead of seeing him as one of many girls that want him badly.

Did I mess it up by kissing him? If so, what can I do for damage control? So that he knows that he still has to try and earn me--that he doesn't quite have me.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• "he tried to impress me by bragging about his career and success."

I'm sorry but that guy is playing you...

Most Helpful Girl

• Kissing him gives him the wrong impression if that's not what you wanted. Basically all you can do is show him through actions, you shouldn't need to 'try' to show him, you should 'be' showing him. Just do that from now on. No more kisses, be playful and cool but don't give into any of his advances!

• How can I go from kissing him on the first date to not kissing him at all on the second date?
      How else can I "show" him?

• Thank you !

• No worries! Just don't be pressured into anything by being made to feel guilty! You're not wrong for stating your boundaries, if he gives you any trouble he's bad news.