Is it wrong to not care about stretch marks?

I went on a date with a woman that had stretch marks around her waist and stomach. And admittingly enough I honestly don't notice cause it never really crossed my mind to look at that stuff. But there were people that called her out and judges her on it. What makes them so unappealing? My mother had them and it was because she was pregnant with me, and I know stretch marks don't really mean anything other than your skin stretching. Maybe I'm just clueless about beauty but I don't see anything wrong with them. Can someone explain?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Only a girl with absolutely no fat anywhere on her body and no womanly curves would have no stretch marks. Even in that case I don't know if it is biologically possible to not have any stretch marks.

It's a part of life. You are not wrong at all to have no problem with them! The guys who do are insane. They want a girl with large breasts and a fat ass but aren't willing to deal with a few stretch marks that are probably not even that noticeable.

2|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Sounds reasonable enough, and you're right about the second part. Guys do want a lot from a woman but yet can't offer much themselves.

Most Helpful Guy

• No I don't know I don't see a problem with them either my girl has them on her thighs and lower back from growth spurts but yeah I don't see a problem with them

2|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• Like mostly it’s girls who bash other girls for having them like I don't know tho like they’re natural and it’s not like u can entirety prevent them like they literally are an indication of ur body growing and ur skin stretching and sometimes it happens to create lines lmao like I get that they might not look attractive to some people but like at the same time they’re not a disease haha and the person who has them can always get laser surgery to lighten/remove them

2|1
    0|0
    • Why is it mostly girls that do? I'm just curious to understand

• Show All
    • Hahahah I thought u were gonna say “their balls are ugly” 😂

• They probably are 😂

• stretchmarks is just something ones skin does like you said. but beauty magazines dictate its a flaw like freckles are sometimes seen as or just the natural layer of fat anyone has. people also easily associate strechmarks with overweight which is also a big no no for most. its just another excuse to shame people and maybe even to get them to buy creams and stuff. its stupid its unnecessary and yet people do it. also i hope you both enjoyed ur date!!

1|1
    0|0
    • Hmm I see, it would make sense on how those companies make a profit out of beauty. Also after the incident I defended her and tried my best to make the moment a little brighter, but at the end of the day she seemed really insecure. Oh well

• i am glad you don't care! I personally have them and am self conscious about them, so if a guy didn't care/notice i would be very happy

1|1
    0|0
  • There's nothing wrong stretch marks or not caring about them. Most women and even men have them and that's just life. The people calling her out for it are rude assholes. The media portrays all women as smooth, flawless, hairless, skinned creatures and that's just not realistic.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's great that you don't care! I have a condition that makes horrible stretch marks particularly on my stomach, and I've never even been pregnant! It's just how my skin marks up easily and is too stretchy. It's something I've always been extremely self conscious about, so hopefully whenever I find someone, they won't care either! Also, if you haven't let your girlfriend know that you don't mind them, I would slip that in somewhere. She may be self conscious about it too and that could help her feel better about them if she knew you didn't mind. :)

4|0
    0|0
  • Men and women alike get them- sometimes they can't be controlled either, but they tend to fade over time. It'd be pretty sad if you did care a bunch about something nobody can control.
    You're a good person.

2|0
    0|0
  • It’s fine. You’re normal for not caring. Society has just thought for a while that women need perfect skin to be beautiful.

3|0
    0|0
  • There is nothing wrong with them, but since it is desirable yo have perfect skin these days they are considered a flaw. And pointing out flaws is one of the things society loves to do right now

1|0
    0|0
  • There’s nothing wrong with having stretch marks, I’m glad that you done care. Us woman have a tendency to be insecure about our bodies and having a guy that love every flaw is perfect!

1|0
    0|0
  • Society says they’re “ugly” so most people see them as imperfection. Our media also tells us that they mean you’ve “gained weight”. It all boils down to magazines and tv and all that jazz. Often times, they don’t show people with stretch marks on the covers of magazines. They’re really just not seen as something beautiful to a large amount of people because that’s informations spoon fed to us since movies and social media became huge.

Some people are trying to be more body positive with posts nowadays. Despite this, for the most part, people stil body shame others. However, everyone has their own perception of beauty.
    I think it’s good you don’t really have your mindset seasoned with bullshit like most people :) so you’re all rainbows and butterflies ✌️

2|0
    0|0
  • Society is crazy! I have stretch marks because I lost a bit of weight. I kind of like them. My skin is shiny where the marks are

0|0
    0|0
  • I have stretch marks and my oh loves them becsuse mine show that I carried and homed my child for 9 months and kept him safe. Mine also dont bother me as I forget I even have them. Most guys want this perfect woman with no marks no flaws no anything but a flat stomach a big arse and a nice set of tits, but in reality men get them too. My ex step dad use to do body building he stoped due to an accident he now has stretch marks every where. People should be proud to wear them as they all tell a story.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone gets stretch marks. It's not a big deal

1|1
    0|0
    • Never thought it was, I just found it rude when others called out on them

• Of course not.
    I have stretch marks on my ass and my boyfriend couldn't care less. He still loves it actually lol

0|0
    0|0
  • By writing this question it shows you care 🤯

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeahh

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think it’s wrong I mean so what if a girl or guy has stretch marks it’s a part of who they are and if people can’t handle that then forget about them

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• It's wrong

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes they just don’t look good on women but it’s not wrong to think nothing about them since you don’t care about them

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes