Do you believe relationships are like a positive exponential curve?

Where very little occurs over time and one thing allows the rest to come in quick succession?

I think so. For a full year my boyfriend and I did nothing but the sweet things like hand holding and kissing and cuddling. Then I became more comfortable with further things a few months ago and now we’ve come even further. Before we barely even touched and in the past two months we’ve hit more milestones than the rest of our relationship. Do you believe relationships are like a positive exponential curve?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• How interesting. The math involved certainly peaked my interest, but then it got me thinking you see. I've done the calculations myself, and if both axes scales up, (or down), by a factor of one, then this graph matches precisely that of the graphed function of e to the x with derivative also being e to the x describing a secondary, slope-based output of the original function. Itself metaphorically akin to love which constitutes true staying power, then yes. In this case, invariably positive, and more like modeling long term bacterial growth under ideal conditions. But, as we all well know, no "[real] relationship" is like that. It has its rocky ups and downs, but if, and only if the love therein persists throughout, can its continuity be assured. And like a radioactive substance undergoing decay before stabilizing, yours too appears to have followed a similar path. Good luck in your journey.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• As teens, probably, because everything is new and a little bit scary.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Mh I think so, but it may be different events for different relationships. For example it could be just the first time you speak with someone, things escalate quickly, you fall in love, etc.. Or for some it could be the risk of losing the other, or jealousy, or discovering a side of the other's personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you'll agree with 'no' the later in the relationship you get. At best, the relationship strength vs. time graph would be sigmoidal, but also will likely go through some sinous phases at some point.

0|0
    0|0
  • The last relationship that most resembled your description ended by my hands because my girlfriend got way too clingy, while I wanted to just do regular things she always wanted to make out and it got annoying. One of my old friends had the same experience

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i do think so, because it keeps you positive, and Positivism+Happiness is the recipe for success!! It is all due to the fact that you feel happy that you have come even closer to touch your partner's ''soul''.

0|1
    0|0
  • I must inform you, that it doesn't work like that. It depends on a lot of things. For example, you somehow manage to anger him so much he hits you. That way, the line goes inti the deepest hole in the world and makes you feel less trust. But obviously it's not your relationship, I only say there are a lot. You can't compare only one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends, yes in some aspects, no in others. I think falling in love is like that though. It may not start as much but it's the kind of thing that quickly skyrockets potentially out of control.

0|0
    0|0
  • They should be, but not all relationships are the same or we wouldn't have breakups and divorces. Many relationships are not a positive exponential curves

0|0
    0|0
  • Relationships are more like 2nd order differential equations. You don't want overdampening, or underdampening, but critical dampening makes everything perfect :)

0|1
    0|0
  • It's more like a random line. You'll have tremendous highs, deep lows, and everything in between. What matters is that you BOTH decide to live and die for each other until death, whatever else happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really fully understand what you mean but I think I get the gist of it.

No because relationships go down eventually. An exponential curve goes upward to infinity.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are all very different... But they can be "exponential"

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, the more chances you get, the more likely you will get a magnificent partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea what that means. Sorry I’m not a math guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on the couple

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, a good relationship is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no relationship experience

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • sometimes it's going down on the negative side

0|0
    0|0
  • I assue your graph goes to infinity or does it eventually curve? I don't think there is too great a pattern to depend upon. Who know's your scale but it seemed to take off before it started.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I don't believe that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes