Do you believe relationships are like a positive exponential curve?

Where very little occurs over time and one thing allows the rest to come in quick succession?

I think so. For a full year my boyfriend and I did nothing but the sweet things like hand holding and kissing and cuddling. Then I became more comfortable with further things a few months ago and now we’ve come even further. Before we barely even touched and in the past two months we’ve hit more milestones than the rest of our relationship. Do you believe relationships are like a positive exponential curve?
  • Yes
  • No

220

Most Helpful Guy

• How interesting. The math involved certainly peaked my interest, but then it got me thinking you see. I've done the calculations myself, and if both axes scales up, (or down), by a factor of one, then this graph matches precisely that of the graphed function of e to the x with derivative also being e to the x describing a secondary, slope-based output of the original function. Itself metaphorically akin to love which constitutes true staying power, then yes. In this case, invariably positive, and more like modeling long term bacterial growth under ideal conditions. But, as we all well know, no "[real] relationship" is like that. It has its rocky ups and downs, but if, and only if the love therein persists throughout, can its continuity be assured. And like a radioactive substance undergoing decay before stabilizing, yours too appears to have followed a similar path. Good luck in your journey.

Most Helpful Girl

• As teens, probably, because everything is new and a little bit scary.