Would you perform a background check on someone before you go out with him or her?

Background checks have become more popular before deciding to hire someone or even give credit to others. Would you perform a background check on someone to make sure there's nothing wrong with who you're looking to go out with?
  • Yes
  • No

1328

Most Helpful Guy

• For me it doesn't matter.. cuz I am very good in judging characters.. and by good means really very fucking good. I can even know what she wants by talking to her in first 5 mins. So yeah my judgement never got wrong

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I always check the sex offender registry for a guy's name before dating him. I have an underage daughter to protect. I once dated a guy who I thought was a good guy until I got an anonymous tip from someone, telling me to watch the guy around my daughter because he had raped anonymous's 14 year old relative. After I did some searching into his history, I seen that he had 2 charges of sex with underage females against him. I was so disgusted. I'm glad that the anonymous person warned me before he met my daughter. Now I always check guys' backgrounds out first.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That is really something. You already have a daughter that is 14, you have a job cut out for you. these background checks can be alright but I hate seeing people cut off for something that sounds horrible but was a stupid college stunt. I have passed many background checks but if it is as inaccurate as my credit checks then I could be in trouble.

• @readywriter It depends on what the person did. If it was something stupid, I might let it go. I once dated a guy who had vandalism on his record from when he was in his teen's. He was in his 30's and had no other record and when I asked him about it, apparently it was a dumb high school stunt. I didn't end our relationship over that. But this other guy had 2 charges against him of sex with underage females. That wasn't just a stupid college stunt. He was a grown man in his late 30's, a predator preying on underage girls. With those kinds of guys I do not offer any sympathy or understanding.

• I get you, and I agree. Sexual offenses are bad no matter what kind. It doesn't show on checks like you got but when I was in the army I got into a bad fight and busted the guys arm. I was drinking and just back from Vietnam and I was having trouble relaxing. I was on my guard all the time. But while it sounds bad, I didn't start it and it did take a couple years before I felt like I fit in again. That would be a felony today. I was over sensitive about what people would say and stuff. I would hope that it would be something that could be explained. Maybe not your generation but a older gal like I might date.