What makes a guy think a girl is out of his league?

230

Most Helpful Guy

• Her popularity, attitude, and looks
    The people she hangs around
    His confidence and past experiences

Most Helpful Girl

• He's insecure and puts her on a pedestral.

What Guys Said 29

• Like me im insecure used to be bullied saying im ugly so i kinda just feel i am even when lots say im attractive but i feel horrible. Lol. But there's more than just that its a variable that is different between everyone.

• Her looks exceed his ego by a large margin.

He's self conscious and sees her as someone who wouldn't look his way

Many other reasons

• For my situation, the guy apparently had a crush on me but never asked me out. My friend thinks he assumed I’m out of his league but I highly doubt so. But he asked out another girl who is now his girlfriend. How did he have enough confidence to ask her out but not me?

• Usually physical appearance, or if she acts like she is out for the money.

• Looks can be a factor, but once you get past the superficial stuff, I think it comes down to guys doubting that they have anything to offer that the girl would be interested in.

• I never thought of it like that! There is just this guy who apparently had a crush on me. He now has a girlfriend but I just don’t get why never asked out before his relationship? He sometimes stares at me still which is odd. My friend thinks it’s because he thinks I’m out of his league but I doubt it.

• him being ignorant

• I don't believe in leagues

• A whole myriad of factors. His dating history, her dating history (if known), how she acts, social status, it goes on.

• Looks & personality. I have no qualms about intelligence, education, or income.

• Looks definitely, I work with a girl at the moment who is extremely attractive and can get any man she wants, so I think why me, I'm average looks with acne and a bit of muscle but not a lot. There's a part of me that thinks she's wasting her potential by being with me which is why she's out of my league

• Damn, similar situation I’m in because it’s mainly about their personality is amazing despite how they look, I focus most on their personality.

• Usually her looks

• Any girl over a five. With sexually knowing females in this millennium, if you’re a mere mortal type of guy who’s packing average thunder or below, you probably just want to steer clear of them and save yourself the humiliation.

• The same reason a girl doesn't want be seen without her makeup, insecurities and stuff

• Well if she's popular or really attractive then he will think she is out of his league

• He's too ugly for her and he's a loser

• Her looks or her social status

• The anal circumference.

• A girl with sarcastic personality is out of my league.

• The way she presents herself like if she thinks highly of herself and her looks and dresses in the latest clothes and such. Like being above other people and belittling them cause of how they look or dress.

• low self confidence

• I'm more cautious if anything else.

• To me, how she looks. How she dresses, how many friends she has, the car she drives, etc.

• Mostly just a lack of confidence.

• For my situation, the guy is super confident with girls.. like he is really social. But all he did was stare at me and talk to his friends about me. I don’t think he would think I’m out of his league but my friend thinks that. Do you maybe know why?

• He has a girlfriend now, but I just don’t understand how he had the confidence to ask her out but not ask me out?

• Could be that you are more appealing than his girlfriend, and besides; he's not supposed to be having eyes for you anyway. "She's out of my league" could just be his way of telling his friends off from pressuring him to go after you.

• there's no such thing as "out of my league"

unless he lacks confidence

• When she's prettier than him and knows it and acts like it

• Her behaviour her fame level and her look

• Physical appearance or mental condition. Like their intelligence

• Most of the time it's her look. Some of us are shy and we underestimate us

• If she's either hotter, or smarter

What Girls Said 1

• When I was in my early 20s me and this guy were really good friends and we had great chemistry. Everyone said we should be together, but he confounded in a friend and said he thought I was too good for him so that makes sense.