What can I say to a guy who I don’t want to go out with?

How do you let a guy down without stepping on his feelings? When I get asked out, I always just say “I’m sorry I have a boyfriend” but I hate that I have to lie about that just to say no to a guy. So what other things can I say without coming off as a bitch etc?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you dont know the guy then the boyfriend line is the best, no feelings hurt - if you know the guy you just need to be honest and say you aren't feeling it. It might hurt but its bettrr to know straight out there's no chance than to be told "yeah im not ready at the moment" or similar then feel there's still hope

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You could always say you are enjoying single life right now, and have education/work commitments that are currently prioritising your life... although, whenever I've said "thanks, but no thanks" I swear it gives them some sorta incentive to work harder. So sometimes a white lie about an imaginary boyfriend is the best answer...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Just say Im not interested in dating you, the feeling is simply not mutual. A decent gent would move on

1|1
    0|0
  • It's always best to be as upfront as possible because us guys usually can't take a hint no need to beat around the bush. Just be very clear and persistent and for God's sake don't tell him you can be friends

1|0
    0|0
  • I think that saying, "I am just too busy with work/school to have a relationship right now" is good

1|0
    0|0
  • There's no way to do it without hurting him, that's the first thing you need to know. Try to break it down easily for him, tell him the truth, and highlight some of his ups while doing it to ease the load

0|0
    0|0
  • 'Its me not you' lol
    Always works

I just say im not ready for a real relationship right now

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing you can say.

0|0
    0|0
  • Text him while your shitting and send him a pick of your poop should seal the deal

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Just tell them you're not looking for a relationship. If they dont respect that, tell them to fuck off.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just Tell Him Your Not Into Him Tell Him straight up make sure there someone around in case he goes crazy.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes