What can I say to a guy who I don’t want to go out with?

How do you let a guy down without stepping on his feelings? When I get asked out, I always just say “I’m sorry I have a boyfriend” but I hate that I have to lie about that just to say no to a guy. So what other things can I say without coming off as a bitch etc?

38

Most Helpful Guy

• If you dont know the guy then the boyfriend line is the best, no feelings hurt - if you know the guy you just need to be honest and say you aren't feeling it. It might hurt but its bettrr to know straight out there's no chance than to be told "yeah im not ready at the moment" or similar then feel there's still hope

Most Helpful Girl

• You could always say you are enjoying single life right now, and have education/work commitments that are currently prioritising your life... although, whenever I've said "thanks, but no thanks" I swear it gives them some sorta incentive to work harder. So sometimes a white lie about an imaginary boyfriend is the best answer...