Would you date someone who has different political views than you?

I personally wouldn't... it'd be too much for me.
  • Yes
  • No
  • Other
    Vote C

79180

Most Helpful Guy

• If the person is an extremist, radical, militant, etc. I would not date them even if we were on the same side side of the political aisle. Assuming that they are not extreme in their beliefs, I would date (and in fact I have dated) someone who is politically liberal. Most of us conservatives are actually very tolerant of those who disagree with us.

I recently had a lady break up with me because she learned that I am a conservative. We had spent at least 20 hours together, she knew many good things about me, and she had previously thought that we had a good potential together, but the "conservative" label trumped her own knowledge of me. To me, that is incomprehensible and horribly intolerant.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • And sadly, extremely Liberal.

• "horribly intolerant"? Grow up and stop being a snowflake.

regards, a non-liberal.

• @Omega_brie I am the antithesis of a snowflake. I said that she is very intolerant. I did not say that she upset me so much that I needed to go get free hot chocolate and hugs.

Most Helpful Girl

• I date someone who has different political views than me, because I don't exactly have any at all, and let me tell you - it can be incredibly overwhelming.

Something happens that he doesn't agree with politically? Instantly fired up and goes on a rant about it for the next 10-20 minutes. Something great happens? He's elated for the next 10-20 minutes, possibly up to next week, even! Now that Trump is in office I hear it from his mouth a couple times a week, especially when he's talking to his buddy.

So would I date anyone who has different political views than me? Never again, I'm tolerating my boyfriend because it isn't overbearing and he doesn't shove it on me.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE