Would you date someone who has different political views than you?

I personally wouldn't... it'd be too much for me.
  • Yes
  • No
  • Other
    Vote C

79180

Most Helpful Guy

• If the person is an extremist, radical, militant, etc. I would not date them even if we were on the same side side of the political aisle. Assuming that they are not extreme in their beliefs, I would date (and in fact I have dated) someone who is politically liberal. Most of us conservatives are actually very tolerant of those who disagree with us.

I recently had a lady break up with me because she learned that I am a conservative. We had spent at least 20 hours together, she knew many good things about me, and she had previously thought that we had a good potential together, but the "conservative" label trumped her own knowledge of me. To me, that is incomprehensible and horribly intolerant.

• And sadly, extremely Liberal.

• "horribly intolerant"? Grow up and stop being a snowflake.

regards, a non-liberal.

• @Omega_brie I am the antithesis of a snowflake. I said that she is very intolerant. I did not say that she upset me so much that I needed to go get free hot chocolate and hugs.

Most Helpful Girl

• I date someone who has different political views than me, because I don't exactly have any at all, and let me tell you - it can be incredibly overwhelming.

Something happens that he doesn't agree with politically? Instantly fired up and goes on a rant about it for the next 10-20 minutes. Something great happens? He's elated for the next 10-20 minutes, possibly up to next week, even! Now that Trump is in office I hear it from his mouth a couple times a week, especially when he's talking to his buddy.

So would I date anyone who has different political views than me? Never again, I'm tolerating my boyfriend because it isn't overbearing and he doesn't shove it on me.