Would you date a guy who has financial problems?

Would you date a guy who has financial trouble momentarily but is working to get everything in order? I’ve got credit card debt but will have it paid off in almost 7 months. During that time I won’t be able to do much so is that a deal breaker? I know girls these days are quick to dump a guy who isn’t captaining a yacht or piloting a g-6 so I’m looking for opinions. It’s tough enough already to keep a woman faithful when you break your back to provide.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be a little worried, especially considering how they got into financial trouble in the first place. If they were a gambler or just a reckless spender I'd probably be inclined to say no, just because it's so different from my miser like nature. If he's just poor because of youth and just being a uni student effectively, why do I have the right to judge? I'm in the same boat.

0|1
    0|0
    • Well the reason I got into debt was because my ex told me I wasn’t wealthy enough for her. In turn I said F my life and blew every dollar I had because I’d never be good enough anyway.

• Well, she's just a horrible human being but from that little out bust I'd be really unenthusiastic to date someone like you. If you manage to get into debt because you had an emotional break down I'd really be wary, since what if something similar happened again? maybe a job fell through or a traumatic incident?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not having a job momentarily is one thing, but debt smells like impulsiveness and financial illiteracy.

But as everything you can learn:
    http://www.richkidsmartkid.com/

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m financially literate but the reason I got into debt was because girls told me I was a broke ass. I tried to live it up on credit (and I did to the tune of 30k) and actually just hoped I would die in the process. What’s the point of trying to get a woman if you’ll never have enough money to be “loved” by one?

• - Good debt: you invest the money for getting more money.
      - Bad debt: you invest the money on stuff.

Reference: www.richkidsmartkid.com/minigames/renosdilemma.htm

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Yes. As long as he doesn't take my cash.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your exaggeration that chicks expect a guy to be yacht wealthy is more offputting than your finances. You’re the one that ran up your cards - don’t be angry with women about it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I just read your comments - don’t date a chick who isn’t financially stable herself. You don’t need a hoe in it for money.

What Guys Said 3

• 7 months?

If you will be debt free in 7 months then I would just say you lie and don't tell her about it. Just make sure you watch your spending.

Then, lets say you start dating a girl soon in the next 1-2 months, well shoot, like 4-5 months into the relationship, when you DO become debt free, let her know! Then it'll be a fun surprise and she'll be proud of you.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's just credit card debt. You should direct all your resources towards paying off the debt, then start dating.
    Pay less overall.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can do it hide them cards and pay them off

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes