How to react when he forgets about your plans and acts sorry about it?

So, we made plans and he left me hanging. I know he was playing videogames with a friend and then by himself because he was streaming. He messaged me a while after he stopped, saying he's really sorry, he forgot and then asked if I'm still up, followed by "good night, i miss you".

How do I handle this? I don't want him to think it's okay, by telling him it's no biggie. But then again, I realize people forget things and I shouldn't be too hard on him.

What do I say to him in this case? :/

13

Most Helpful Guy

• If this is the first time he's done it, I think I would tell him that you were really disappointed that he forgot about your plans. Then I think I'd say that you understand people sometimes forget things, but you really hope this won't happen again.

Hopefully he'll say that he's really sorry (and mean it). And hopefully next time you have plans he'll set an alarm or something if he needs that to help him remember.

If he's done it more than once, I'd be more harsh. I do not think that is acceptable behavior if it's anything more than a one time occurrence.

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, it’s always okay to flake at least once. Once is a mistake, twice isn’t. Talk to him about it and let him know that while it’s okay for it to happen just this once, it’s unacceptable if it happens again.
    Don’t brush it off because then he’ll think it’s okay for him to keep doing it.