How can I tell if my boyfriend is a player?

I noticed he always stares at girls, although he does it more subtlety now. He also has a lot of female friends and he's really handsome to me. I can kinda feel it when he has attraction towards other girls. He says he's never cheated because he's been cheated on and it hurts.

621

Most Helpful Guy

• Really handsome that's the #1 clue

Now you need to know if he is using any men care products or not. If he smell exceptional then clue #2

Then you look at his overall clothes. If he has a style then that's clue #3. Exceptions are working outfit, dress for work and other things that requires him to dress in a specific way.

Those are signs he is propping himself up for the opposite sex. The less a guy care about his looks the less he cares about attracting the ladies.

Maybe some people just do it as a lifestyle but just look at yourself and think about it. You don't dress provocatively unless you want to attract attention. The same thing for the guy.

That doesn't mean he will cheat but he does take a lot of pleasure from attracting people.

• Yeah he fits all three categories.

• Maybe it does but at least with someone attractive you know they chose you rather than being forced with you.

• @TacosRAwesome

That doesn't stop them from choosing another person. I don't think it has anything to do with attractive or not.

It boils down to probabilities. A social animal will have a lot of contacts with other people. A fling there, a tease here and sparks start flying. One night stand. Nobody gotta know. A quickie and your wife won't find out.

A socially inept, track suit wearing guy isn't going to attract that much attention. He would sit in a corner and watch if he could be bothered with social gathering.

So the question is: a player or not a player?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's best to nip these feelings of jealousy in the bud, because they will only grow more and more into insecurity. You have to trust him 100% unless you legit find out he cheated or is cheating, jealousy is like cancer it grows until it kills the relationship. He will either cheat or he won't, but you being worried won't change that outcome either way. The worst that can happen is if he does dump his ass he doesn't deserve you, but if he's being accused of something like this without fact then it may push him away.

You both should be freely able to check out other people, it's not like there is only one attractive person in the world. As far as him having other friends who are girls, why don't you be friends with them too, they may be really cool girls and you might gain a new bestie!

I truly think it's important for relationships to last to be filled with healthy emotions and feelings as well as maintaining your identity. Good luck!

• All truth. It become a self-fulfilling prophecy. The more you push the idea he is sleeping around, especially if you actually accuse him of it, the more likely he will just act on it. Which would be he declaration of freedom from your relationship as he has stated, he won't cheat.