Have you been on a date with someone who isn’t your typical type?

I enjoy talking to this guy so I know that’s a really strong foundation to build on, but physically he isn’t my usual type.

I’m curious to see how things will go if they go any further than our date later this week.

If youve ever been on a date with some who isn’t your typical type (appearance or personality wise) how did it end up going for you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been on dates with varied types of women, but I don't think I really have a type or if I do, I haven't found it yet, because I can find a shy, intellectual and girly girl just as attractive as I find an outgoing, sporty and tomboish girl. As for other physical aspects, from the women I've actually dated, the only real similarities I see are that they've been shorter than me and have all been average or slimmer, but things like hair color, eye color, style of dress have been different and personalities too.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I recently went on a date with a guy who wasn’t that attractive to me but was a really nice guy, we had a great conversation, he even consider a second date, I even agreed, but at the end of the night I changed my mind, so I kinda ghosted on him cause after getting to know him a little more, he didn’t really fit my interests, we’re both different people so I couldn’t see myself connecting to this guy.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• Whenever I got asked out on a date by the girl I said yes. I like giving people chances, sometimes they really surprise you. In some cases it worked out in some we agreed there is a gap between us and that was that. But I was always open about wanting second date or not. No misleading, no lying no sugarcoating.

0|0
    0|0
  • I went on a date last week with a girl who is almost the complete opposite of me in every way lol
    It was weird, but I didn't really mind because she wasn't preaching. And she did ask if I'd like to hang out again, so I guess she didn't think it went badly either

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Through dating sites there were girls that made the first move with me and I usually give the ones that ask me out a chance unless they're atrocious (don't mean it offensively, but everyone has standards). They turned out to be even less of my type in person and had no chemistry with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I've been on dates with girls usually not my type. I actually pushed myself a few times to meet them again and see if there is something other (than physical attraction for example) to connect on.
    Well, it ended up never working out but I'm glad I gave it a shot. Otherwise I would always ask myself "what if.."

0|0
    0|0
  • I was on a date with a girl who was nice enough, but had no interest in getting anywhere in life, was no match intellectually, and was boring. It was probably the only boring date I've ever had.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, many times. In fact, it's rare that I land a date with my type.

I mean a girl doesn't have to be the most attractive or share every common interest. But a little mix of both is all i ask for, can't completely lack one or the other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it was nice, but I was about to move country for a bit, so I wasn't looking for anything serious. I think the age gap helped this nonseriousness, so it felt fun.

I would've seen her again if I weren't moving.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as I am attracted that's not an issue. Even if I have a type, sometimes I am attracted to girls outside of that type

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, and it was a waste of time. I enjoyed talking to her, but I just couldnt say I dont care about her body. So it was a waste of time.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Great profile pic!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • nope
    i dont like to waste my time

0|0
    0|0
  • no

i've never been on a date

0|0
    0|0
  • No x

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have

0|0
    0|0
  • I keep an open mind and avoid having types

0|0
    0|0
  • What is ur type

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Yes, i have :) the date went decent but it didn't last.

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex was not my type, but I fell for his personality. Usually I go with guys with long hair because I just love long hair. My ex also didn't have the personality I usually went for. He's not shy, he was all out there. He made me laugh when I felt down.

0|1
    0|0
  • it depends.
    I've been in relationships with people who aren't my type (as in: far from my type, actually, in one case). But I've also been on dates when I felt nothing more than friendship and there the type didn't play any part. So it depends on whether you might develop deeper feelings for that person

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been considering it... I'm always so specific on how I want my guys to look but we vibe hard and there could be something there. Definitely not letting the fact he's not my typical type get in the way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried to have fun on all my dates. Maybe even more so when he’s not my type. Maybe a love connection wasn't going to happen but I got to spend time with a new person. I try to view the world as a place full of friends I just haven’t met yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • All the dates I’ve been on have been with guys that were not my type. But they asked me out and I decided to give them a chance. Didn’t work out in any case.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh my god yes my boyfriend isn't my typical type of preference yet he makes the best boyfriend everrrrr

0|1
    0|0
  • I have, it was the best date I have ever been on!!

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't really have a type

1|0
    0|0
  • They were all my type as personality but i didn't like their look.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes