Is there really such thing as an asexual?

Or is it cause they're too ugly to get laid or something..
If you are asexual, how does it work? And are you ugly?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I can state conclusively it has nothing to do with looks. It is someone with no sexual desire. It would be handy if all of the incredibly ugly people were asexual because it would reduce nightmares for anybody who contemplates them replicating there genes.

1|0
    0|0
    • Isn't that a medical issue then? Like some time of hormonal imbalance or something?

• It could be. I know some autistic people are like that. There could also be some sort of brain development thing. I can't say I'm any kind of expert although based on my sex life one could come to that conclusion. Hahaha, sorry. I would have to have a sex life first.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a friend who identifies as asexual, he's not unattractive.

I don't see it as all that hard to understand - some people don't want committed relationships, some people don't want casual sex, and some people just don't want any of that. Seems fine to me.

1|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• I believe there is, it's just the lack of any sexual attraction or desire, this part of the person is turned off.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's real, it's just not what you think it is. Some people have some serious hormonal imbalances and that keeps them from feeling sexually in the same way as others might. It can be treated with supplements and such but a lot of them are content without medication. They probably see intentionally giving themselves a desire as strong as sex to be a negative thing, and I can kind of understand. Sometimes it gets in the way. But you need to have a healthy relationship and thus family so I'd hope they pursue treatment.

0|0
    0|0
  • All I know about asexuality is that it doesn't actually matter what you think. How the person feels and identifies with the world matters.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think there is something like asexuality. And it hits often gorgeous girls

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|1
    0|0
  • I'm asexual

0|1
    0|0
  • I know a guy who's a sexual he's not ugly

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• I think it can exist in a sense, whether it's a hormonal issue or if it's totally mental.

0|0
    0|1
  • No. Asexuality has nothing to do with looks. It isn't a matter of being laid, it's just really not wanting to. Yes, asexuality is real- just as is pansexuality and bisexuality and homosexuality. I, myself, am Pansexual, but I once had a crush on a girl who was asexual. She confided in me that she just didn't feel any attraction towards either gender. She was nowhere near ugly.

1|0
    0|0
  • You just don't feel physical attraction. Asexuals can still date and even have sex, they just don't feel physical attractions. Educate yourself before you settle on a made up conclusion. Google could have told you everything you needed within the first page or two that popped up.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a friend who might very well be asexual. She's not sure, but she has never had any desire to be in a relationship or anything romantic or sexual.
    She is not ugly at all.

Asexuality has nothing to do with your looks.

Though I can imagine some people who are not attractive and not lucky with getting a date or anything might give up, grow resentful and maybe call them selves asexual.

1|0
    0|0
  • Looks has nothing to do with asexuality. Asexuality is literally, a sexuality. So you are born that way. It is simply how you are. You don't "turn" asexual cause you can't get laid.

1|0
    0|0
  • If someone is asexual then they just don’t want or need sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been asked out many times I just fear commitment and am not as sexually active as my peers

0|0
    0|0
  • no it's a thing where you just down right HATE sex you and you slut shame anyone who does it

0|0
    0|0
  • Asexual just means you feel no sexual attraction.

1|0
    0|0
  • It definitely exists, but it’s rare.

0|0
    0|0
  • asexy is gonna tell he's handsome

0|0
    0|0
  • Im not ugly and I think I am asexual

0|0
    0|0
  • My best friend isn’t ugly but is asexual.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes