Tips on being more socially confident?

I'm a 19 year old student in Cardiff- I find making friends easy as I'm a laid back guy and easy to get on with. Where I struggle is socially when I want things to be more than friends and how to be interesting in that area.
I think I am quite a classic example of someone that over thinks this sort of thing. I'm slightly old fashioned in that I'm not exactly comfortable putting my hands on someone I don't know- say dancing with someone random in a club and getting up close. I also struggle with like what to say.

I guess just any advice for a slightly shy guy on flirting/ dating cause I don't really know what I'm doing 😂.
I'll answer any questions if people want more detail or anything.
Cheers

01