If guys find me attractive then why don't they want to date me?

I'm told frequently by men that I'm really attractive but for some reason they never want to date me. Even if I ask them out, I get put on hold a lot or just told flat out no. I haven't gone on a date in about 5 years and I'm 27.

I don't get it. I'm not an idiot. I have a degree and have been teaching for about 4 years plus I like talking about anything from music to politics. I make my own money so it's not like I need theirs. I don't need expensive stuff to be happy. I purposely chose to buy a 2010 Corolla in 2013 instead of something nicer simply because I know the Corolla will last longer, was cheaper, and would make a good runaround vehicle in the future. I live on my own. I don't have any kids. I have my retirement accounts set up and the only debt I have is my car loan and student loans. I'm not a make up person. I think the last time I wore make up in public was my sister's wedding that was over a year ago. I have it, but I don't feel like I need it to look good. Guys tell me I'm funny... unless they're just lying, but even my students, friends, and bosses think I'm funny so I'm not sure.

But guys don't want to date me. Sometimes we can talk for hours and other guys sometimes don't seem like they're paying attention after 5 minutes of conversation. They tell me I'm pretty and physically attractive but they like my friends instead. So what else is it? What am I doing wrong?

I don't go to bars because I don't drink like that so don't mention that as a possibility.

129

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate to be the one to ask, but what do you actually look like? You shouldn't base your conclusions on what people say but what people DO. No date in 5 years for a 20 something is out of the ordinary.

Then you could also simply be a biatch, but even then some guys will still have you for a little while.

• I'll send you an email pic of what I look like. As a teacher, I can't have my photo on this site.

• It’s alright if you don’t want to post it here, i understand teachers need to be careful, i was just curious. I don’t want to give my email out either.

It’s just hard to determine why, I guess when you talk, are exceptionally.. comprehensive? As in do you go into things in far too much detail?

• I don’t think so, no. I try not to talk a lot and I’d rather they do some talking, too. I spend all day talking in my job. I’d like to hear about someone else.

Most Helpful Girl

• Eurgh same. Though I've no idea why it's happening to either of us.

• I love how the guys are asking what I look like and telling me the guys are probably lying about me attractive. Gives me an insight into the mind of man. Sad.

• @Blonde401 Even armed with a This is England Boxset, a selection of edible Haribo engagement rings, Chips, (yes chips not new potato's!) and multiple toblerones, I'd still feel I was punching above my weight with an Oldham legend... it's the classic fake northerner self depricating action lol and @Allie_Oops even though I'm a man I have zero understanding of what happens in my mind let alone can give insight into what happens with other guys, If it confuses me then I'm pretty sure applying logic is not going to work! lol

• @AndrewMG never punching above your weight!