If guys find me attractive then why don't they want to date me?

Allie_Oops
I'm told frequently by men that I'm really attractive but for some reason they never want to date me. Even if I ask them out, I get put on hold a lot or just told flat out no. I haven't gone on a date in about 5 years and I'm 27.

I don't get it. I'm not an idiot. I have a degree and have been teaching for about 4 years plus I like talking about anything from music to politics. I make my own money so it's not like I need theirs. I don't need expensive stuff to be happy. I purposely chose to buy a 2010 Corolla in 2013 instead of something nicer simply because I know the Corolla will last longer, was cheaper, and would make a good runaround vehicle in the future. I live on my own. I don't have any kids. I have my retirement accounts set up and the only debt I have is my car loan and student loans. I'm not a make up person. I think the last time I wore make up in public was my sister's wedding that was over a year ago. I have it, but I don't feel like I need it to look good. Guys tell me I'm funny... unless they're just lying, but even my students, friends, and bosses think I'm funny so I'm not sure.

But guys don't want to date me. Sometimes we can talk for hours and other guys sometimes don't seem like they're paying attention after 5 minutes of conversation. They tell me I'm pretty and physically attractive but they like my friends instead. So what else is it? What am I doing wrong?

I don't go to bars because I don't drink like that so don't mention that as a possibility.
29
1