Do you have to earn respect or can you just demand it without any prior reason?

You shouldn't treat strangers bad, but do you have to respect them? There was this gager who wrote she demands that her dates respect her. I think people should treat people well, but respect has to be earned. What are your opinions?
  • Respect has to be earned.
  • We should respect strangers.
  • We should treat strangers with respect, but they then have to earn that respect.
    Vote C
  • Other.
    Vote D

05

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone deserves basic courtesy. Respect is earned through trial and travail. If you have done nothing and accomplished nothing, you don't DESERVE respect but I will show you basic courtesy.