Does Weight matter that much?

I can't help but wanna ask. How much does weight matter to a guy.
I'm about 198 pounds (But also 5ft7/5ft8). I realize I am overweight, but live a relatively healthy life, but due to some poor life choices in the past I have to take meds that influence my weight a lot.
I never really approached guys due to this. Or never as more than anything as friends.
The idea of signing up to a dating site or anything seems insane too because of my weight.
I feel like my weight automatically puts me outside of the 'dateable' zone and will never flirt or let people know i like a guy because I immediately feel out of their league.
Obviously my experience kind of lines up with this but sometimes I wonder if this isn't just self fulfilling prophecy...

15

Most Helpful Guy

• 100% a self fulfilling prophecy, you think "I can't attract a guy" so you don't try, so you don't attract a guy and it reinforces the thought that you can't.

Now as for how important weight is, it depends on the guy. For me, it's quite important, because I live a healthy lifestyle, I avoid all processed sugar (I haven't had a fizzy drink/a soda in over a year, I don't eat chocolate etc). I workout for at least an hour every day and I stay as active as I can. So I personally couldn't have a girlfriend that was overweight because it would imply our goal/needs aren't aligned.

That being said, if you don't like your body, you can always change, just require some research and a bit of will power :) but no matter what, be happy and confident in who you are and I'm sure a guy will love you for who you are

• I'm afraid it's not that simple. I work closely with doctors and Nutritionist in my hospital due to my health issues and everything i eat and drink is quite regulated, and monitored. Alcohol, soda, sugar are not a part of my diet, neither is gluten or milk products.
      But thank you for your kind words

• Yeah it's hard but that doesn't mean you should give up. Everything in life worth having is hard, good health included. For some people it's easier and for some it's harder, there's no need to dwell on that fact, there's nothing we can do to change it so we might as well just get on with it and do our best

Most Helpful Girl